Robert Gould Goree Jr.
b. 24 November 1908, d. 30 April 1945
- Father: Robert Gould Goree b. 27 October 1879, d. 3 March 1961
- Mother: Sara B. Thomasson b. 11 January 1882, d. 4 October 1948
- Robert Gould Goree Jr. was born on 24 November 1908 in Imperial County, California.
- Robert Gould Goree and Sara B. Thomasson appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Imperial, Imperial County, California. Other members of the household included Robert Gould Goree Jr.
- Robert Gould Goree and Sara B. Thomasson appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in San Diego, San Digeo County, California, at 3775 Oregon Street. Other members of the household included Robert Gould Goree Jr., Frances Anne Goree and Edwin T. Goree.
- Robert Gould Goree Jr. died on 30 April 1945 at age 36 in San Diego County, California.
- The following appeared on 2 May 1945 in the San Diego Union: Robert Gould Goree jr., 36, native of Imperial and resident of San Diego since 1919, died in his home in Coronado Monday. Services will be conducted tomorrow afternoon at 2 in the Benbough mortuary chapel. As a civilian technician for a war plant he spent 13 months in the South Pacific, returning last October.
Surviving are the widow, Mrs. Dorothe S. Goree, and a son, Jack A. Goree, of Coronado; his parents, Mr. and Mrs. R. G. Goree, of San Diego; a sister, Mrs. James A. May, of San Diego, and a brother, Jaj. Edwin T. Goree, of the army air corps.
- Last Edited: 25 Jun 2017