Nadine Joy Wynn
b. 30 September 1919, d. 11 March 2003
- Nadine Joy Wynn was born on 30 September 1919.
- She married Jimmy Lee Brigance, son of Albert Newton Brigance and Comar Allie Landrum.
- Her husband Jimmy Lee Brigance became a widower at her death.
- Nadine Joy Wynn died on 11 March 2003 at age 83.
- She was interred at Forest Park East Cemetery, Galveston & Harris Counties, Texas.
- The following appeared on 13 March 2003 in the Texas City Sun: Nadine Joy Brigance entered paradise at the summons of her Lord and Savior on March 11.
She was born on Sept. 30, 1919 and was an unsalaried professional in what she felt was the world's most important occupation: wife, mother and homemaker. She was a devoted member of La Marque's First Baptist Church nearly all of her adult life. Her beloved brother, Army P.F.C. Buddy Wynn was a decorated hero, a combat medic killed when he knowingly entered a German mine field in North Africa to rescue two wounded nurses. Her son, Ron, served America and the Marine Corps with distinction in Vietnam.
She is survived by her devoted husband of 65 years, Jimmy Lee Brigance; son Ron; son Jim ad his wife Debra Ann Brigance; sister, Gerry Buckelew; grandsons, Jimmy and his wife Mimi, Roger, Errol and his wife, Amanda, Sean and his wife, Shawn; Marine 2nd Lt. Matt and his wife, Jessica, based in Hawaii; three great-granddaughters and a great grandson.
Chapel services will be held Friday, March 14, 2003, at 10 a.m. at Forest Park East Funeral Home with interment to follow at Forest Park East Cemetery.
- Last Edited: 15 Feb 2012