Norma Earle Whitfield
b. 14 September 1927, d. 21 February 2007
- Father: John Earl Whitfield b. 12 August 1893, d. 14 April 1942
- Mother: Ruby Lucille Mitchell b. 7 October 1900, d. June 1971
- Norma Earle Whitfield was born on 14 September 1927 in Richards, Grimes County, Texas.
- John Earl Whitfield and Ruby Lucille Mitchell appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Richards, Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included Norma Earle Whitfield, Ruby Mae Whitfield.
- Ward and Whitfield cousins were photographed about 1931 in Richards.
- She married Morris Jasper Grizzle, son of Crawford G. Grizzle and Martha A. Page, on 1 October 1948 in Hobbs, Lea County, New Mexico.
- In June 2004, Norma Earle Whitfield was living in Lamesa, Dawson County, Texas, at 603 North 7th Street.
- At the time of her death Norma Earle Whitfield was living in Levelland, Hockley County, Texas.
- Norma Earle Whitfield died on 21 February 2007 at age 79.
- She was interred at City of Levelland Cemetery, Levelland, Hockley County, Texas.
- The following appeared on 22 February 2007 in The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal: Norma Grizzle, 79, of Levelland and formerly of Lamesa went to be with her Lord on Feb. 21, 2007. A celebration of her life will be at 11 a.m. Friday, Feb. 23, 2007, at the Cornerstone Baptist Church in Lamesa.
She was born on Sept. 14, 1927, in Richards. She married Morris Grizzle on Oct. 1, 1948, in Hobbs, N.M.
Survivors include her husband, Morris Grizzle; two daughters, Kathy Oblad and husband Darwin of Tokeland, Wash and Mae Beth Collins and husband Mike of Levelland; five grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
- Her husband Morris Jasper Grizzle became a widower at her death.
- A single grave marker identifies the graves of Norma Earle Whitfield.
- Last Edited: 14 Sep 2016