b. 13 March 1792, d. 27 July 1877
- Father: John Brodnax b. circa 1749, d. 28 February 1829
- Mother: Martha Rivers b. circa 1760, d. circa 1827
- Robert Brodnax was born on 13 March 1792 in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, or 15 March in Hancock County, Georgia.
- He enlisted on 21 June 1812 at Putnam County, Georgia, served in the 1st Regiment (Harris'), Georgia Militia, in the War of 1812, rank at discharge 1st Lt. Adjt.
- He married Olive Taylor Whitaker, daughter of Thomas Whitaker and Mary (?), on 19 May 1814 in Putnam County, Georgia, which may have been the license date.
- Beginning 15 August 1842, Robert Brodnax, Isaac Newton and Joseph A. Whitaker announced in The Daily Picayune the opening of Commission Houses in New Orleans (Newton, Whitaker & Co.) and Mobile (Brodnax, Newton & Co.)
- He married Hannah Evans Kirven, daughter of William Kirven and Margaret James Evans, on 29 December 1844 in Carlowville, Dallas County, Alabama.
- Robert Brodnax and Hannah Evans Kirven were living in Mobile County, Alabama, for twelve months after their marriage.
- In from 1846 to 1867, Robert Brodnax and Hannah Evans Kirven were living in Clarke County, Alabama.
- Robert Brodnax and Hannah Evans Kirven appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Clarke County, Alabama, and also 17-year-old Frances Broadnax and four young men involved in the production of cigars.. Other members of the household included Margaret Olive Brodnax, Augustus Winston Brodnax and Eliza Jane Brodnax.
- Robert Brodnax and Hannah Evans Kirven departed in 1867 to Brazil, returning to Dixons Mills, Alabama, in December 1874.
- Robert Brodnax died on 27 July 1877 at age 85 in Marengo County, Alabama, near Dixons Mills.
- His wife Hannah Evans Kirven became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at Choctaw Corner Cemetery, Thomasville, Clarke County, Alabama.
- Robert and Henry Power Brodnax married sisters Mildred and Olive Taylor Whitaker, and their first cousin Catherine B. Whitaker (sister of Orrendatus "Orrin" Whitaker) married a third brother, John Hunt Broadnax. A fourth brother William T. Broadnax married Mary Whitaker, whose origins are as yet unknown.
- Last Edited: 11 Feb 2016
Family 1: Olive Taylor Whitaker b. circa 1795, d. circa May 1844
- Thomas Whitaker Brodnax+ b. circa 16 July 1818, d. 16 July 1874