Emma Elizabeth Cain
b. 29 October 1865, d. 11 February 1949
- Father: (?) Cain
- Mother: Emma Faulkner b. say 1840
- Emma Elizabeth Cain was born on 29 October 1865 in Mississippi.
- She was known as Lizzie.
- She married Thomas Jefferson Whitfield, son of John T. Whitfield and Charlotte Wilkerson, on 3 December 1881 in Grimes County, Texas.
- Thomas Jefferson Whitfield and Emma Elizabeth Cain appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Montgomery County, Texas. Other members of the household included William Whitfield, Mamie Whitfield, John Earl Whitfield, Hattie Lillian Whitfield, Theophilus William Whitfield and Allen Whitfield.
- Thomas Jefferson Whitfield and Emma Elizabeth Cain appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included Mamie Whitfield, Allen Whitfield, John Earl Whitfield, Hattie Lillian Whitfield, Theophilus William Whitfield, Claude Whitfield, Maude Whitfield and Carrie Mae Whitfield.
- Thomas Jefferson Whitfield and Emma Elizabeth Cain appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Richards, Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included Hattie Lillian Whitfield, Theophilus William Whitfield, Allen Whitfield, Maude Whitfield, Claude Whitfield, Carrie Mae Whitfield and Aubrey Whitfield.
- Jones Thomas Nixon and Carrie Mae Whitfield appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Goose Creek, Harris County, Texas, at 409 James Street. Other members of the household included Emma Elizabeth Cain, Bobbie J. Nixon, Thomas Jefferson Whitfield and Aubrey Whitfield.
- Emma Elizabeth Cain became a widow at the 9 September 1931 death of her husband Thomas Jefferson Whitfield.
- The following appeared on 22 November 1943 in The Galveston News: William Whitfield, 57, resident of Galveston since 1926, died at noon yesterday at St. Mary's Infirmary after a short illness. He resided at 3119 N-1/2. He was born Jan. 22, 1888, in Anderson, Tex. For the last 20 years he had been employed as a section foreman for the GH&H Railroad at La Marque. Surviving are his wife, Mrs. Josephine Whitfield; two sons, William and Martelle Whitfield, Galveston; his mother, Mrs. Elza Whitfield, Goose Creek; four brothers, three sisters and other relatives. Funeral services will be held this afternoon in the drawing room of Malloy & Son funeral home. The Rev. Charles R. Smith, pastor of Broadway Baptist Church, will officiate and burial will be in Galveston Memorial Park. Pallbearers will be: William Holcomb, E. P. Bailey, J. Aridello, J. A. Van Benthuysen, E. F. Pohl and A. J. Ackerholm.
- At the time of her death Emma Elizabeth Cain was living in Richards, Grimes County, Texas.
- Emma Elizabeth Cain died on 11 February 1949 at age 83 in Luling, Caldwell County, Texas, at Luling Hospital . Her death was officially witnessed by Horace Murray Graham.
- She was interred at Apolonia Cemetery, Grimes County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 27 Sep 2012
Family: Thomas Jefferson Whitfield b. 9 July 1861, d. 9 September 1931
- William Whitfield+ b. 22 January 1887, d. 21 November 1943
- Mamie Whitfield b. 9 December 1888, d. 8 January 1944
- Allen Whitfield b. 17 April 1891, d. 17 October 1964
- John Earl Whitfield+ b. 12 August 1893, d. 14 April 1942
- Hattie Lillian Whitfield+ b. 27 January 1896, d. 7 March 1975
- Theophilus William Whitfield+ b. 12 February 1899, d. 21 March 1960
- Maude Whitfield+ b. 8 August 1903, d. 20 December 1982
- Claude Whitfield+ b. 8 August 1903, d. 1 December 1974
- Carrie Mae Whitfield+ b. 11 May 1906, d. 23 January 1995
- Aubrey Whitfield b. 15 October 1910, d. 8 April 1968