b. 13 January 1908, d. 24 June 1977
- Father: Charles Brigance Easley b. 12 November 1872, d. 27 February 1953
- Mother: Mary Jane Wood b. 6 July 1874, d. 24 October 1960
- James Easley was born on 13 January 1908 in Richards, Grimes County, Texas.
- His name was recorded as Jimmie.
- Charles Brigance Easley appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Grimes County, Texas, living next to Mary's parents.. Other members of the household included James Easley, Charles Edward Easley and Mattie Easley.
- Students and teachers were photographed in front of Richards School in 1919. A bond for enlarging the school building was voted on 1 June 1918, and the photo likely celebrated its completion.
- Charles Brigance Easley and Mary Jane Wood appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Richards, Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included James Easley, Charles Edward Easley, Anne Margradel Easley, Mary Louise Easley and Robert Chester Easley.
- He married Mary Frances Wamble, daughter of John Tyson Wamble and Carrie Obecca Ellis, on 12 September 1931 in Lake Charles, Calcasieu Parish, Louisiana.
- Jimmie Easley and his sister Margradel were photographed on the front steps.
- James Easley and Mary Frances Wamble appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Rosenberg, Fort Bend County, Texas. Other members of the household included James Neil Easley. In 1935, the family was living in Houston.
- He was employed as an apprentice electrician by a light & power company.
- He was a lifetime employee of Houston Lighting & Power Company, Houston and Rosenberg, Harris & Fort Bend Counties.
- James Easley died on 24 June 1977 at age 69 in Harris County, Texas.
- His wife Mary Frances Wamble became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at Davis-Greenlawn Cemetery, Rosenberg, Fort Bend County, Texas.
- The following appeared on 27 June 1977 in the Fort Bend Herald Coaster: Funeral services were held Monday for James Easley, 69, of Rosenberg, at the Calvary Baptist Church in Rosenberg with Dr. Edwin Jenins and Rev. Bill Ballou officiating.
Easley died Friday as a result of injuries sustained in a traffic accident.
He is survived by his wife, Mrs. Mary F. Easley; daughters, Mrs. Mona Dunagan of Abilene; son, James N. Easley of Grapevine; two sisters, Margradel Hunt of Kerrville and Mrs. Mary Stovell of Alpine; brother R. C. "Bubba" Easley of Scott, La; seven grandchildren and one great grandchild.
Funeral services were under the direction of Garmany and Co. of Rosenberg.
- The following appeared on 29 June 1977 in The Abilene Reporter-News: (Rosenburg) Services for James Easley, 67, who was killed in an automobile accident Friday, were held at 2 p.m. Monday in Calvary Baptist Church in Rosenburg.
Mr. Easley was killed in a two-car accident near Rosenburg. Three passengers in the other car were injured and hospitalized.
Born in 1910 in Richards, Mr. Easley moved to Rosenburg in 1935 and was president of the local Mason chapter. He was retired from Houston Power and Lighting Company.
Survivors include his wife, Mary; a daughter, Mona Frances Dunagan of Abilene; a son, James Neil Easley of Colleyville; seven grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
- Last Edited: 4 Jan 2015