James Haywood Bullock
b. 24 November 1875, d. 18 November 1938
- Father: Edward Lewis Bullock b. circa 1851, d. circa 1886
- Mother: Virginia Tennessee Shaw b. July 1852
- James Haywood Bullock was born on 24 November 1875 in Monroe County, Mississippi, although it is recorded as 24 November 1880 on his death certificate (he was age 4 in the 1880 census and gives his year of birth as 1875 on his World War I draft registration card).
- Edward Lewis Bullock and Virginia Tennessee Shaw appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Lee County, Mississippi, and Virginia's brother Volmer Shaw, age 24.. Other members of the household included James Haywood Bullock, Lillian L. Bullock.
- Virginia Tennessee Shaw appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Birmingham, Jefferson County, Alabama, at 2421 Eighth Avenue and Virginia's brother Arthur M. Shaw, age 37.. Other members of the household included James Haywood Bullock, Lillian L. Bullock, Adrian N. Bullock and Edward Oscar Bullock.
- He was a hardware salesman, according to the 1900 census.
- He married Estell Ridge, daughter of W. A. Ridge, circa 1902.
- James Haywood Bullock and Estell Ridge appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Jacksonville, Duval County, Florida, at 132 East Eighth Street. Other members of the household included Haywood Warren Bullock, B. J. F. Mitcher and Lillian L. Bullock.
- He was a life insurance salesman, according to the 1910 census.
- James Haywood Bullock registered for the draft on 12 September 1918 in Memphis, Shelby County, Tennessee, while living with wife? Shelta? Bullock at 1951 Young Avenue, and employed as advertising manager by Memphis Press at 4th and Jefferson.
- James Haywood Bullock and Estell Ridge appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Memphis, Shelby County, Tennessee, at 1944 Young Avenue. Other members of the household included Haywood Warren Bullock.
- He was a newspaper printer, according to the 1920 census.
- He officially witnessed the death of Estell Ridge on 8 March 1926 at 118 Bedford in Houston, Harris County, Texas; at her residence.
- James Haywood Bullock became a widower at the 8 March 1926 death of his wife Estell Ridge.
- He married Minnie Katie Wood, daughter of Robert Cummings Wood and Margaret Elizabeth Wynne, and had no children.
- James Haywood Bullock died on 18 November 1938 at age 62 in Houston, Harris County, Texas, at 1908 Caroline.
- His wife Minnie Katie Wood became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at Forest Park Cemetery, Houston, Harris County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 4 Aug 2013
- Charts: Descendants of ABERCROMBIE Charles & Edwina Malinda "Dicey" Booth, Descendants of LeGRAND John & Margaret Chambers, Descendants of WOOD William & Lydia Ballentine
Family 1: Estell Ridge b. 31 July 1883, d. 8 March 1926
- Haywood Warren Bullock+ b. 6 March 1904, d. 7 December 1981