b. circa 7 December 1861, d. 22 September 1887
- Father: John W. Sangster b. 19 April 1826, d. 23 April 1888
- Mother: Margaret E. Hunter b. 14 April 1840, d. 9 June 1898
- Cappie Sangster was born circa 7 December 1861 in Tennessee.
- Although her cemetery marker reads 7 December 1864, her age in 1870 was recorded as 8, and in 1880 18, so more she was born on that date in December in 1861.
- John W. Sangster and Margaret E. Hunter appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Brownsville, Haywood County, Tennessee. Other members of the household included Cappie Sangster, Ada C. Sangster, Anna Sangster, Margaret Sangster, Marietta E. Sangster and Hortense Sangster.
- John W. Sangster and Margaret E. Hunter appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Haywood County, Tennessee. Other members of the household included Cappie Sangster, Ada C. Sangster, Marietta E. Sangster and Hortense Sangster.
- She married Green Alexander Wood, son of Green Mark Wood and Mary Jane LeGrand, on 19 November 1886 in Grimes County, Texas, Marcus Mallard marriage list.
- Cappie Sangster died on 22 September 1887 in Texas.
- Her husband Green Alexander Wood became a widower at her death.
- She was interred at Oakland Cemetery, Navasota, Grimes County, Texas.
- The following appeared on 7 December 1888 in The Galveston Daily News: (Navasota, December 6) Green A. Wood, Jr., a prominent and rising young business man of this city, died at 3 p. m., to-day of typhoid fever, after an illness of about ten days. He was aged 23 years.
- Last Edited: 24 Dec 2013
- Charts: Descendants of ABERCROMBIE Charles & Edwina Malinda "Dicey" Booth, Descendants of LeGRAND John & Margaret Chambers, Descendants of WOOD William & Lydia Ballentine