Connie Chilton Robertson
b. 23 January 1881, d. 2 March 1958
- Connie Chilton Robertson was born on 23 January 1881 in Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee.
- She married George Francis Powell, son of Robert Micajah Powell and Elizabeth Grace, on 3 March 1908 in Atlanta, Fulton County, Georgia.
- On 9 September 1908, Robert Micajah Powell wrote to Evelyn Lee Campbell: 5260A McPherson ave, Apr 9 - 1908. Dear Evelyn, Note the above new address. We moved our residence last week. We are in a Flat & George & his wife occupy the adjoining one, the young people wanted to try house keeping. we are two families, each in its separate quarters a porch in front serves each apartment, a meeting ground & a way to communicate with each other at any & all hours. I read the great number of the Houston Post of Sept 1st. I credit you with the kind & thoughtful rememberance, altho your Mother's hand inscribed the address on the package -- I enjoyed every word of the wonderful record of the growth of Texas. So many new towns everywhere. The claim of 9,000 inhabitants of Houston surprises me, altho I have always believed in its growth, yet it has come a little sooner than I expected. It is bound to be the principal City of Texas, has just begun to grow. He is fortunate who owns a few feet of its historic soil. When you write give me Sarah's address. I have lost her & I miss her delightful letters. I inclose you my letter to the old boys at the reunion at Jacksonville -- Put it in your scrap Book & Some day hence -- say fifty years you will wonder what it means. Where are the people to whom it was written. In a few days I will be 82 years old & I am under the dominion of my years & I have to be obedient to their exactons. The family tradition gives me two more years to live. I keep well but of very little account. Give my love to your mother, father, Billy, Josie -- all of our people & an abundance to yourself. Your Uncle Mike.
- George Francis Powell and Connie Chilton Robertson appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in St. Louis, Missouri, at 5076 Morgan Street. Other members of the household included John George Powell and Nancy Patricia Powell.
- Connie Chilton Robertson became a widow at the 7 November 1927 death of her husband George Francis Powell.
- Connie Chilton Robertson appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Flushing, Queens County, New York, at 3521 159th Street. Other members of the household included John George Powell, Joseph Harrison Humphrey Jr. and Nancy Patricia Powell. In 1939 the Powell family was still living in St. Louis.
- Connie Chilton Robertson died on 2 March 1958 at age 77 in Flushing, Queens County, New York.
- Last Edited: 11 Aug 2013