b. 6 October 1912, d. 20 January 1965
- Father: John Stovell b. 31 May 1887, d. 23 June 1958
- Mother: Doris Corey b. 28 July 1893, d. 3 December 1980
- Jack Stovell was born on 6 October 1912 in Maxwell, Colfax County, New Mexico.
- He married Mary Louise Easley, daughter of Charles Brigance Easley and Mary Jane Wood, on 28 May 1939 in Richards, Grimes County, Texas.
- His wife Mary Louise Easley became a widow at his death.
- Jack Stovell died on 20 January 1965 at age 52 in Alpine, Brewster County, Texas.
- He was interred at Elm Grove Cemetery, Alpine, Brewster County, Texas.
- The following appeared on 21 January 1965 in The Dallas Morning News: Jack Stovell, 52, Comptroller of Sul Ross State College, died Wednesday following a heart attack at his home.
Stovell, who was president of the Lone Star Conference, had been ill for nearly two years.
Funeral Services will be at 2 p.m. Friday.
Stovell, born in Maxwell, N.M., earned both B.A. and M.S. degrees at Sul Ross.
He was a former president of the Alpine Chamber of Commerce.
Survivors include the widow, Mrs. Mary Stovell; his mother, Mrs. John Stovell of Alpine; two brothers, Tom of Fort Stockton and James of San Bernardino, Calif., two sons and a daughter.
- Last Edited: 26 Apr 2012
- Charts: Descendants of ABERCROMBIE Charles & Edwina Malinda "Dicey" Booth, Descendants of LeGRAND John & Margaret Chambers, Descendants of WOOD William & Lydia Ballentine