George B. Austin
b. circa 1876, d. 25 June 1932
- George B. Austin was born circa 1876 in New York.
- He married Velma E. (?) circa 1915.
- Velma E. (?) became a widow at his death.
- George B. Austin died on 25 June 1932 in Ransomville, Niagara County, New York.
- The following appeared on 25 June 1932 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: (Ransomville) Charles B. Austin, 56 years old, a member of one of Ransomville's oldest and best known families, died today at the family home here after an illness of about a month. The funeral services will be held Monday afternoon at 2:30 o'clock standard time from the home and at 3 o'clock from the M. E. church. The Rev. Peter Van Duren will officiate. Interment will be in North Ridge cemetery.
Mr. Austin was born in Ransomville and had resided here all his life. He was a well known farmer and active in village, grange and fraternal affairs.
He is survived by his wife, Velma, three brothers, Peace Justice H. Taylor Austin, Edward and William H., all of this village, and three sisters, Mrs. Day McCollum, Mrs. George Moxham and Mrs. William R. Hesher, Jr., all of Ransomville.
- Last Edited: 24 Jun 2012