Velma E. (?)
b. circa 1890
- Velma E. (?) was born circa 1890 in Canada.
- She married George B. Austin circa 1915.
- Velma E. (?) became a widow at the 25 June 1932 death of her husband George B. Austin.
- The following appeared on 25 June 1932 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: (Ransomville) Charles B. Austin, 56 years old, a member of one of Ransomville's oldest and best known families, died today at the family home here after an illness of about a month. The funeral services will be held Monday afternoon at 2:30 o'clock standard time from the home and at 3 o'clock from the M. E. church. The Rev. Peter Van Duren will officiate. Interment will be in North Ridge cemetery.
Mr. Austin was born in Ransomville and had resided here all his life. He was a well known farmer and active in village, grange and fraternal affairs.
He is survived by his wife, Velma, three brothers, Peace Justice H. Taylor Austin, Edward and William H., all of this village, and three sisters, Mrs. Day McCollum, Mrs. George Moxham and Mrs. William R. Hesher, Jr., all of Ransomville.
- She married George Ogden Miller, son of William O. Miller and Florence Katherine (?), on 1 March 1933 in Ransomville, Niagara County, New York.
- The following appeared on 3 March 1933 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: (Ransomville) Mrs. Velma Austin of Ransomville, and George Miller of Lewiston, were united in marriage on Tuesday evening at the home of the bride. The ceremony was performed by the Rev. Peter Van Duren. They were attended by Miss Betty Miller, sister of the groom, and Eugene Miller, brother of the groom. The bride wore a becoming dress of blue silk crepe with corsage of pink and white sweet peas.
Following the ceremony a dinner was served. Fourteen covers were laid at the bride's table which was attractively decorated in colors of pink and white centered with a bowl of pink and white sweet peas.
The bridal couple left immediately after the dinner for Canada. The occasion was also the birthday of Mrs. Frank Scott, mother of the groom.
Out-of-town guests were Mr. and Mrs. Eugene Miller, Miss Margaret Miller and Mr. and Mrs. Frank Scott of Lewiston, and Mr. and Mrs. Neal Williams of Thorold, Ont.
- Velma E. (?) became a widow at the 7 November 1942 death of her husband George Ogden Miller.
- The following appeared on 9 November 1942 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: [Died] At his home on the New Road, Ransomville, N. Y., Saturday, Nov. 7, 1942, George O. Miller, aged 47; husband of Velma, father of Margaret; son of Mrs. Florence Scott, of Lewiston; brother of Bert, of Sanborn, Eugene, and Mrs. Harold Vandervoort, and step-brother of Harry Scott, all of Lewiston. Funeral Tuesday, Nov. 10, at 2 p.m., from the home, Rev. E. A. Sergel officiating. Interment in Mountain View cemetery, Pekin, N. Y.
- Last Edited: 24 Jun 2012