Donald Richard Crowell
b. 12 November 1925, d. 3 September 2002
- Father: Burton A. Crowell b. circa 1900, d. 26 July 1959
- Donald Richard Crowell was born on 12 November 1925 in New York.
- He enlisted on 7 March 1944 at Fort Dix, New Jersey, in the US Army Reserve. At the time of his enlistment he was single and without dependents.
- He married Jean Marie Kenific, daughter of Joseph Augustine Kenific and Emma Margaret Hurley, on 15 February 1947 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at Sacred Heart Church, with The Rev. Edward P. Kenific, uncle of the bride, officiating.
- The following appeared on 18 February 1947 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: Sacred Heart church was the scene on Saturday morning of the marriage of Miss Jean Kenific, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Joseph A. Kenific, South avenue, and Mr. Donald Richard Crowell, son of Mr. and Mrs. Burton A. Crowell, Lincoln place. The Rev. Edward P. Kenific, uncle of the bride, officiated at the ceremony.
Escorted to the altar by her father, the bride wore a gown of white satin and net. . .
Miss Julianne Keenan was maid of honor, wearoing a pink gown. . .
Mr. Robert F. Kenific, brother of the bride, was the best man and ushers were Mr. Clark M. Else and Mr. Frederick Blue.
The church was decorated with spring flowers.
. . . Following the ceremony, a wedding breakfast was served at the Samovar. Later, a reception was held at the Prospect house.
The couple left on a wedding trip to New York City, the bride traveling in a light blue gabardine suit with black accessories.
- The following appeared on 14 July 1947 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: [Born at Mount St. Mary's Hospital] To Mr. and Mrs. Donald R. Crowell, 813 Willow avenue, July 10, a son.
- The following appeared on 1 September 1948 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: [Born at Mount St. Mary's Hospital] To Mr. and Mrs. Donald R. Crowell, 813 Willow avenue, August 31, a daughter.
- The following appeared on 2 February 1953 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: [Born at Mount St. Mary's Hospital] To Mr. and Mrs. Donald R. Crowell, 2409 Michigan avenue, January 30, a son.
- The following appeared on 9 July 1957 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: [Born at Mount St. Mary's Hospital] To Mr. and Mrs. Donald R. Crowell, 1131 LaSalle Ave., Grand Island, July 6 1957, a daughter, Barbara Jean.
- The following appeared on 29 July 1959 in the Niagara Falls Gazette: [Died] In St. Mary's Hospital, July 26, 1959, Burton A. Crowell, age 59, of 821 Lincoln Pl., father of Donald R. Crowell, Grand Island, Robert L. Crowell, mrs. Donald J. O'Hara, both of this city, brother of R. B. Crowell, Manchester, N. Y; Mrs. Henry Paul, Norwich, N. Y. He is also survived by 13 grandchildren. Funeral service at Otto Redanz Funeral Home, Michigan and 10th St., Wednesday at 1 p.m. Interment in Riverside Cemetery.
- Donald Richard Crowell died on 3 September 2002 at age 76.
- Jean Marie Kenific became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at Saint Stephens Roman Catholic Cemetery, Grand Island, Erie County, New York.
- The following appeared in a local newspaper: [Died] Donald R. Crowell, September 3, 2002, of Grand Island, beloved husband and best friend of Jean (Kenific) Crowell for over 55 years; father of Donald R. (Carol) Crowell, Kathleen M. Doldan, Judith A. (Dr. John) Herman, Barbara J. (Dr. Jay) Clark, Margaret A. (Donald) Bray and the late Thomas M. Crowell; also survived by 14 grandchildren, two step-grandchildren, two great-grandchildren and many nieces, nephews and cousins; brother of Robert L. (Lillian) Crowell and the late Helen B. O'Hara. Friends may call Thursday and Friday, 2-4 and 7-9 PM, at the Kaiser Funeral Home, 1950 Whitehaven Rd., Grand Island. A Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated Saturday at 11 AM at St. Stephen's Church. Memorials may be made to the American Diabetes Assn.
- Last Edited: 28 Nov 2014