b. circa 1810, d. 2 September 1888
- Morand Jud was born circa 1810 in Elsaß.
- He was known as Schutt in the United States.
- He married Anne Marie Argast circa 1831.
- Morand Jud and Anne Marie Argast arrived in the Port of New York on 15 June 1859, accompanied by Anna Jud, Anne Marie Jud, Joseph Jud, Alois L. Jud and Josephine Jud from Le Havre aboard the Packet Ship William Tell, traveling " lower between decks."
- Morand Jud and Anne Marie Argast, appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, Ohio.
- Morand Jud became a widower at the 18 March 1879 death of his wife Anne Marie Argast.
- Morand Jud and Johanna Feuski appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Douglas Precinct, Douglas County, Nebraska. Other members of the household included Morand Jud, Anna L. Schutt. Also in the household were children Mary (11), Charles (7), Morand (4) and twins Anna and Martha (10/12), not yet recorded. According to this record, Mary was born in Ohio, Charles in Kansas, and the others in Nebraska.
- He was a cabinet maker, according to the 1880 census.
- Morand Jud died on 2 September 1888 in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Last Edited: 5 Jan 2012