August Gustav Grieger
b. 26 July 1890, d. 20 March 1918
- Father: Julius Grieger b. 3 May 1858, d. 8 December 1926
- Mother: Augusta Rutz b. circa 1863, d. between 1890 and 1907
- August Gustav Grieger was born on 26 July 1890 in Brooklyn, Kings County, New York.
- Julius Grieger appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Queens County, New York, at Grove Street (St. Nicholas Avenue to Fairview Avenue). Other members of the household included August Gustav Grieger, George Frederick Grieger, Julius John Grieger and Charles Herman Grieger. Also in the household is housekeeper Bertha Neihu, apparently incorrectly identified as mother-in-law.
- Julius Grieger and Anna Maria Muttach appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Queens, Queens County, New York, at 228 Fairview Avenue. Other members of the household included August Gustav Grieger, Rosa Maria Jaeger, Frederick Albert Jaeger, Louisa Jaeger and Albert Herman Grieger.
- He was employed as a machinist by a sugar refinery, according to the 1910 census.
- August Gustav Grieger registered for the draft on 5 June 1917 in Manhattan, New York, while single and employed as a machinist by Western Union Telegraph at 23 Worth Street.
- He married Lucy M. Kavanagh, daughter of John Kavanagh and Lucy Fitzsimmons, on 8 September 1917 in Manhattan, New York, at Church of the Holy Cross, witnessed by Edward R. Moriarity and Ethel E. Madigan.. Residence of the groom was 322 West 42nd Street, and of the bride, 25 West 98th Street..
- August Gustav Grieger died on 20 March 1918 at age 27.
- Lucy M. Kavanagh became a widow at his death.
- Last Edited: 18 Feb 2012