b. 17 August 1856, d. 28 July 1933
- Father: Anton Dexheimer b. 2 June 1817, d. 10 August 1897
- Mother: Elisabetha Durking b. 18 May 1832, d. 27 April 1902
- Mary Dexheimer was born on 17 August 1856 in Sheboygan County, Wisconsin.
- Her name was recorded as Augusta in the 1930 census.
- Elisabetha Durking and Anton Dexheimer appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Rhine, Sheboygan County, Wisconsin, living not far from George Dexheimer and his family.. Other members of the household included Mary Dexheimer, Henry Dexheimer and Herman Dexheimer.
- Anton Dexheimer and Elisabetha Durking, appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Rhine, Wisconsin. Other members of the household included Mary Dexheimer, Henry Dexheimer, Herman Dexheimer, Louise Dexheimer, Magdalena Dexheimer, William Dexheimer, John Dexheimer, Elisabeth Dexheimer, Anton Dexheimer and Henry Duerking.
- She married Peter Schueler on 2 December 1883 in Rhine, Wisconsin.
- Peter Schueler and Mary Dexheimer appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Rhine, Wisconsin. Other members of the household included Anna H. Schueler, Clinton A. Schueler, Olivia A. Schueler, Sylvia C. Schueler and Waleska L. E. Schueler.
- The following appeared on 20 November 1930 in The Sheboygan Press: (Kiel) Funeral services for Mrs. George Rothmann, 65, who committed suicide at her home here Wednesday, will be held Saturday at 2 p.m. at the home, 815 N. Seventh street, with interment in Kiel cemetery. Rev. Edward L. Worthmann, pastor of St. Peter Reformed church, will officiate.
Mrs. Rothmann before her marriage was Miss Elizabeth Dexheimer, a daughter of the late Anton and Elizabeth Dexheimer. She was born on a farm in the town of Rhine on July 14, 1865. She was married September 27, 1891, to George Rothmann of Garnet, Wis. The couple made their home here. After operating a blacksmith shop here for a number of years, Mr. Rothmann retired in 1912. He died two weeks ago, and despondency over his loss is believed to have prompted Mrs. Rothmanns act. Relatives said she had been morose.
Survivors are a sister, Mrs. Peter Schueler of Marshfield, and three brothers, Anton Dexheimer of Sherwood, William Dexheimer of Sheboygan, and Edward Dexheimer of Marshfield. She was a member of the Kiel camp of the Royal Neighbors. The organization members will attend the services in a body.
- Mary Dexheimer died on 28 July 1933 at age 76 in Marshfield, Wood County, Wisconsin.
- Peter Schueler became a widower at her death.
- Last Edited: 26 Mar 2010