b. circa August 1855, d. 1 January 1911
- Ellen Duffy was born circa August 1855 in Vermont or New York.
- Margaret (?) appeared in the 2 April 1871 first national census of Canada in Innisfil, Ontario, Canada. Other members of the household included Ellen Duffy, Margaret Ann Duffy. They were enumerated next to Lyman and Mary Deshan.
- She married Lyman DesChene, son of Louis DesChene and Sarah (?), on 11 April 1874 in Bradford, Simcoe County, Ontario, Canada, with Rev. William Hay officiating. At the time of their marriage, both bride and groom were residents of Belle Ewart.
- Lyman DesChene and Ellen Duffy appeared in the 4 April 1881 census of Canada in Simcoe County, Ontario, Canada. Other members of the household included William DesChene, Mary Alice DesChene, Mildred DesChene and Margaret (?)
- Ellen Duffy became a widow at the between 1888 and 1900 death of her husband Lyman DesChene.
- Ellen Duffy appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York, at 225 Seventh Street. Other members of the household included Frances Julia DesChene, Joseph Bernard DesChene and Mary Lillian DesChene.
- She was a dressmaker, according to the 1900 census.
- Charles Henry Weiler appeared in the New York state census of 1 June 1905 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York, at 470 Plymouth Avenue. Other members of the household included Ellen Duffy, Raymond Francis Weiler.
- Ellen Duffy died on 1 January 1911 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York.
- She was interred on 5 January 1911 at Holy Cross Cemetery, Lackawanna, Erie County, New York.
- Last Edited: 10 Dec 2014