George J. D. Rolff
b. circa 1845, d. 17 April 1885
- George J. D. Rolff was born circa 1845 in Preußen.
- He was naturalized on 1 October 1877 at the Common Pleas Court, New York County, New York.
- He married Anna Charlotte Amelia Burg, daughter of David Bourz and Johanna Bomstead, on 10 November 1877 in Manhattan, New York.
- George J. D. Rolff and Anna Charlotte Amelia Burg appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in New York City, New York, at 91 Third Avenue. Other members of the household included Richard L. Rolff, Ada Rolff and Richard Burg. Boarding in the household was Prussian bookbinder Richard Burg (age 29), who likely was Anna's brother.
- He was a bookbinder, according to the 1880 census.
- George J. D. Rolff died on 17 April 1885 in Lodi, Bergen County, New Jersey.
- Apparently George Rolff died sometime between the 1880 and 1900 censuses. Since no record of his death has yet been found in New York City, it appears that he died after the family relocated to New Jersey.
- Last Edited: 16 May 2016