Efner G. Davis
b. circa 1865, d. August 1939
- Father: Stephen Davis b. April 1842, d. 1907
- Mother: Henrietta Rogers b. May 1845, d. 1917
- Efner G. Davis was born circa 1865 in New York.
- Stephen Davis and Henrietta Rogers, appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Holland, Erie County, New York, 1870 NY Erie Holland
Stephen Davis 29 NY
Henrietta 25 NY
Efner 5, Cora 3, Charles 1. Other members of the household included Efner G. Davis, Cora Irene Davis and Charles E. Davis.
- Stephen Davis and Henrietta Rogers appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Holland, New York. Other members of the household included Efner G. Davis, Cora Irene Davis, Charles E. Davis and Marintha Davis. For some reason, young daughter Linnie was not enumerated with the family.
- He married Lucretia Gay Orton.
- He and Myrta A. Plugh witnessed the marriage of Cora Irene Davis and William H. Guenther on 3 October 1888 in Strykersville, Wyoming County, New York; solemnized by J. Horace Mallows.
- Efner G. Davis became a widower at the 1894 death of his wife Lucretia Gay Orton.
- He married Myrta A. Plugh, daughter of Robert S. Plugh and Janette Hale.
- The following appeared on 29 June 1921 in The Daily News: (Attica, June 29) Mrs. Cora I. Davis Guenther, wife of William Guenther, died at her home here about 2:30 o'clock yesterday afternoon following a prolonged illness, the result of two apoplectic strokes.
Mrs. Guenther was born at Holland on November 1, 1866, and had lived for a number of years in Attica. Besides her husband she leaves a son, Gaylord Guenther, and a grandson, Jack Guenther of Niagara Falls; two brothers, Charles Davis of Varysburg and Ephraim Davis of Rochester, and a sister, Mrs. Thomas Graham of Rochester. The funeral will be held at 11 o'clock tomorrow morning from her late home, the Rev. Charles Parkhurst of Endicott, formerly of Attica, officiating. The burial will take place in the Forest Hill cemetery.
- Myrta A. Plugh became a widow at his death.
- Efner G. Davis died in August 1939.
- He was interred at Java Village Cemetery, Wyoming County, New York.
- The following appeared on 23 August 1939 in The Sheldon Democrat: Mr. and Mrs. William Guenther attended the funeral of Efner Davis of Arcade.
- Last Edited: 8 Apr 2016