Mary M. Sertich
b. 30 October 1904, d. 15 September 1970
- Father: Jacob Sertich b. 7 August 1870, d. 14 May 1925
- Mother: Anna Dumenich b. 7 February 1883, d. 6 February 1927
- Mary M. Sertich was born on 30 October 1904 in Jezerane, Croatia.
- Anna Dumenich arrived in the Port of New York on 25 August 1909, accompanied by Mary M. Sertich, Mark F. Sertich traveling aboard the SS Argentina, having departed Trieste on the 7th, destined for Michigan to join Jakob Sertic. Names were recorded on the manifest as Anna, Marija and Marco Sertic.
- Jacob Sertich and Anna Dumenich appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Red Jacket, Calumet Township, Houghton County, Michigan, at 420 Sixth Street surname recorded as Sertic. Other members of the household included Mary M. Sertich, Mark F. Sertich. At the same address were [brothers of Jacob?] Thomas (40) and Joseph (42) Sertic, both also Croatian, married, and employed as copper mine trimmers.
- Jacob Sertich and Anna Dumenich appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Osceola Township, Houghton County, Michigan, at 27 County Road recorded as the "Jakobs" family, head of household "Sertizh.". Other members of the household included Mary M. Sertich, Mark F. Sertich, Emile Sertich and Walter Lawrence Sertich.
- She married Matt Joseph Jellich on 28 November 1923 in Ironwood, Gogebic County, Michigan, by license issued the 23rd, with Peter Sprajcar, pastor of Holy Trinity Church, officiating.
- Mark F. Sertich registered for the draft on 22 January 1941 in Alaska while living in Wasilla, and employed there by the Alaska Pacific Consolidated Mining Company. Contact listed was his sister Mary Jellich in Mellen, Wisconsin.
- Matt Joseph Jellich registered for the draft on 25 April 1942 in Ashland County, Wisconsin, while living with his wife Mary in Mellen, and employed there by Penokee Veneer Company.
- Mary M. Sertich became a widow at the 21 November 1966 death of her husband Matt Joseph Jellich.
- Mary M. Sertich died on 15 September 1970 at age 65 in Wisconsin.
- She was interred at Mellen Union Cemetery, Mellen, Ashland County, Wisconsin.
- Last Edited: 1 May 2017