Elsa Minnie Forster
b. 23 August 1891, d. 10 May 1971
- Father: Conrad August Forster b. 28 August 1853, d. 15 March 1902
- Mother: Minnie Lorey b. 7 May 1863, d. 26 April 1939
- Elsa Minnie Forster was born on 23 August 1891 in Missouri.
- Conrad August Forster and Minnie Lorey appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in St. Louis, Missouri, at 1438 East Grand Avenue. Other members of the household included Elsa Minnie Forster, August Frank Forster, Otto Marquard Forster and Emma J. Forster. Also in the household were two servant girls and a coachman.
- Minnie Lorey appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in St. Louis, Missouri, at 4957 McPherson Avenue. Other members of the household included Elsa Minnie Forster, Otto Marquard Forster.
- She married J. Hibbs Buckman.
- The following appeared on 28 April 1939 in the St. Louis Star-Times: Mrs. Minnie Forster, former St. Louisan who died at the home of a daughter, Mrs. Elsa M. Buckman, at Langhorne, Pa., Wednesday, will be buried tomorrow in Bellefontaine Cemetery after services at 2:30 p. m. at Arthur J. Donelly Parlors, 3840 Lindell boulevard. Mrs. Forster, who had been residing in Belleville after moving from St. Louis in 1928, became ill three years ago while visiting her daughter and had been unable to return to the Belleville residence at 515 North Church street. She was 75 years old and the widow of C. August Forster, who died in 1902. Before her marriage she was Miss Minnie Lorey. In addition to her daughter, she is survived by two sons, Commander O. M. Forster of the United States Navy and August F. Forster.
- She officially witnessed the death of J. Hibbs Buckman on 12 December 1950 at Abington Hospital in Abington Township, Montgomery County, Pennsylvania.
- Elsa Minnie Forster became a widow at the 12 December 1950 death of her husband J. Hibbs Buckman.
- The following appeared on 3 September 1958 in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch: Funeral services for August F. Forster, former sales manager of Hyde Park Breweries Association, will be at 2 p.m. tomorrow at the Donnelly undertaking establishment, 3840 Lindell boulevard, with burial in Bellefontaine Cemetery. [:CR;] Mr. Forster, who was 74 years old and lived at 4311 McPherson avenue, died Monday at St. John's Hospital after a long illness. He retired in 1952.
Surviving are his wife; a brother, Navy Comdr. O. M. Forster (Ret.), Lafayette, Calif., and a sister, Mrs. Elsa Buckman, Langhorne, Pa.
- The following appeared on 7 October 1958 in the St. Louis Post-Dispatch: The estate of August F. Forster, former sales manager for the Hyde Park Breweries Association, was valued at $287,746 in an inventory filed yesterday in probate court. Forster, who lived at 4311 McPherson avenue, died Sept. 1 at the age of 74. He had retired in 1952.
Corporate stocks with a market vaue of $227,747 made up the bulk of the estate. Real estate was valued at $33,470, and bank accounts, $25,960.
Under terms of Forster's will, filed earlier, one half of his estate is left to his wife, Mrs. Eleanor Moffitt Forster, and one fourth each to a sister, Mrs. Elsa Buckman of Langhorne, Pa., and a brother, Navy Comdr. Otto M. Forster (ret.), Lafayette, Calif.
- Elsa Minnie Forster died on 10 May 1971 at age 79.
- She was interred at Middletown Friends Cemetery, Langhorne, Bucks County, Pennsylvania.
- Last Edited: 6 Sep 2016