Wesley Floyd Bigelow
b. 29 April 1899, d. 31 October 1960
- Wesley Floyd Bigelow was born on 29 April 1899 in New York.
- Wesley Floyd Bigelow registered for the draft on 12 September 1918 in Cattaraugus County, New York, while living in Franklinville, and employed there by his father farming.
- William H. Bigelow and Anna C. (?) appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Lyndon Township, Cattaraugus County, New York, at South Grove Road. Other members of the household included Wesley Floyd Bigelow. Also in the household was daughter Imogene M. (age 8).
- He married Florence Mae Plugh, daughter of Robert James Plugh and Mae Aldine Hale, circa 1926.
- A photographic portrait was made of Florence Mae Plugh and Wesley floyd Bigelow about the time of their marriage.
- William H. Bigelow and Anna C. (?) appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Yorkshire, Cattaraugus County, New York, at Olean Street. Other members of the household included Wesley Floyd Bigelow, Florence Mae Plugh, James Duane Bigelow and Joyce Ann Bigelow. Also, lodging in the household and working on the farm was Florence's brother Robert F. P[l]ugh (age 16).
- He was employed by a bakery as a truck driver, according to the 1930 census.
- Wesley Floyd Bigelow and Florence Mae Plugh appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Yorkshire, Cattaraugus County, New York. Other members of the household included James Duane Bigelow, Joyce Ann Bigelow, Wesley Floyd Bigelow Jr., William H. Bigelow and Anna C. (?)
- He was employed by New York Central Railroad, according to the 1940 census.
- Wesley Floyd Bigelow died on 31 October 1960 at age 61 in New York.
- Florence Mae Plugh became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at St. Peter & Paul Cemetery, Arcade, Wyoming County, New York.
- The following appeared in the Buffalo Courier-Express: [Died] Wesley F. Bigelow of Yorkshire, N.Y., Oct. 31, husband of Florence Plugh Bigelow; father of James of Eden, Mrs. John Keitner of Clarence Center and the late Wesley Jr; brother of John of Ischua, Mrs. Whyy Joslyn of Detroit, Mich., Mrs. Leslie Flott of Watervilet and the late Florence Knight of Arcade; also survived by nine grandchildren. Friends may call at the Funeral Home of W. S. Davis Inc. in Arcade where a prayer will be held Thursday morning at 9:30. Funeral services from SS. Peter and Paul's Church at 10 o'clock. Interment in SS. Peter and Paul's Cemetery.
- Last Edited: 2 Apr 2016