John J. Dallas
b. circa 1816, d. 9 January 1884
- John J. Dallas was born circa 1816 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
- He married Eliza Rementer.
- John J. Dallas died on 9 January 1884 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, at 1220 Moyamensing Avenue at his residence.
- Eliza Rementer became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at Fernwood Cemetery, Fernwood, Delaware County, Pennsylvania. He was originally buried in Philadelphia at Wharton Street Methodist Episcopal Vault, with permission granted on 29 March 1884 for removal of his remains to Fernwood.
- The following appeared on 12 January 1884 in The Philadelphia Inquirer: [Died] On the 9th inst., John J. Dallas. The relatives and friends of the family, and Southwark Lodge, No. 146, I. O. O. F., and Ridgely Lodge, No. 1, Knights of the Covenant, are respectfully invited to attend the funeral, on Monday morning, at 10 o'clock, from his late residence, No. 1220 Moyamensing avenue. To proceed to Wharton Street Vault.
- The following appeared on 16 January 1917 in The Philadelphia Inquirer: [Died] At Atlantic City, N. J., Jan. 13, Elizabeth Dallas Sticker, daughter ofg late John and Eliza Rementer Dallas, aged 62. Relatives and friends invited to funeral services, Thurs., 2 P. M., residence of [/undertaker/] J. Wesley Bowen, 1018 S. 2d st. Int. Fernwood Cem.
- Last Edited: 30 Apr 2015