Marie Lucy Stoltz
b. circa 1907
- Marie Lucy Stoltz was born circa 1907 in New York.
- The following appeared on 11 February 1925 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: Mr. and Mrs. Harvey W. Stoltz announce the engagement of their daughter Marie Lucy to Lawrence to Lawrence S. Hoffman. The wedding to take place in the near future.
- She married Lawrence S. Hoffman, son of Milton F. Hoffman and Laura May Lemon, on 21 February 1925 in Niagara County, New York.
- Harvey W. Stoltz and Bertha Kline appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Lewiston, Niagara County, New York. Other members of the household included Marie Lucy Stoltz, Lawrence S. Hoffman and Howard Robert Hoffman.
- Marie Lucy Stoltz became a widow at the 4 February 1932 death of her husband Lawrence S. Hoffman.
- The following appeared on 5 February 1932 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: [Died] Lawrence S. Hoffman, age 31 years, died in Memorial hospital, February 4, 1932. He leaves to mourn his loss his wife, Marie Stoltz Hoffman, a son Howard, his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Milton Hoffman of McKoon avenue, three brothers, Frank, Carl and Lloyd, all of this city, two sisters, Mrs. Paul Stoltz and Mrs. James Strong of Nevada. Funeral from the home, Saunders Settlement road, Saturday afternoon at 2 o'clock, Rev. E. W. McNair officiating. Interment Riverdale cemetery.
- The following appeared on 10 March 1932 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: ( Lockport, March 10) A son, Howard R. Hoffman, Lewiston, is beneficiary of a $7,000 estate left by Lawrence S. Hoffman, Lewsiton, who died February 4 at Niagara Falls. Letters testamentary were issued to a brother, [K]arl W. Hoffman, Niagara Falls. The widow, Marie S. Hoffman, Lewiston, also survives.
- Marie Lucy Stoltz and Howard Robert Hoffman appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Lewiston Township, Niagara County, New York, at Saunders Settlement Road. Also in the household were two elderly female servants.
- Last Edited: 30 Jan 2015