Ethel May Prowton
b. 12 September 1886
- Father: Joseph Prowton b. 9 August 1859, d. 6 January 1944
- Mother: Elizabeth Pithouse b. circa 1864, d. 19 April 1901
- Ethel May Prowton was born on 12 September 1886 in St. Catharines, Lincoln County, Ontario, Canada.
- Joseph Prowton and Elizabeth Pithouse appeared in the 6 April 1891 census of Canada in St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada. Other members of the household included Ethel May Prowton, Annie Prowton.
- Joseph Prowton appeared in the 31 March 1901 census of Canada in Welland County, Ontario, Canada. Other members of the household included Ethel May Prowton, Annie Prowton. Although the official date of the 1901 census was 31 March, the actual enumeration apparently occurred at a later date, since Joseph is identified as a widower.
- Joseph Prowton and Annie Laing appeared in the New York state census of 1 June 1905 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at 2307 Whirlpool Street. Other members of the household included Ethel May Prowton, Herbert James Everett, William T. Everett and Howard Everett. All are identified with the surname "Prowtin." Also in the household are boarders Sadie (age 16) and Edward Dunn (19.)
- She was employed at silver plating work, according to the 1905 census.
- Last Edited: 17 Jan 2015