b. circa 1823, d. between 1856 and 1860
- Joseph Hartlieb was born circa 1823 in Germany.
- He married Louisa (?)
- Research Note: Possible 1849 arrival in New York, but this Joseph Hartlieb was travelling alone, and arrival of Louisa has yet to be found -- Joseph Hartlieb arrived in the Port of New York on 24 September 1849 aboard the Ship Bavaria from Le Havre (master C. Anthony Jr.), carrying about 299 passengers.
- Joseph Hartlieb and Louisa (?) appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York. Other members of the household included Augusta Hartlieb.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1850 census.
- Joseph Hartlieb died between 1856 and 1860.
- Louisa (?) became a widow at his death.
- Last Edited: 8 Aug 2014