Peter Buell Porter
b. 14 August 1773, d. 20 March 1844
- Father: Joshua Porter b. circa 1730, d. circa 1825
- Mother: Abigail Buel b. circa 1735
- Peter Buell Porter was born on 14 August 1773 in Salisbury, Litchfield County, Connecticut.
- He graduated from Yale College in 1791, studied law in Litchfield, Connecticut, and commenced practice in Canandaigua, New York, in 1793.
- Peter Buell Porter died on 20 March 1844 at age 70 in Niagara County, New York.
- He was interred at Oakwood Cemetery, Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York.
- Peter Porter's mother Abigail Buel was a first cousin of Solomon Buel whose son James married Asenath Woodruff.
- For additional biographical information, see The Biographical Directory of the United States Congress.
- Last Edited: 10 Sep 2013