b. 1878, d. 1944
- Father: George H. Hoffman b. circa October 1854, d. 19 November 1928
- Mother: Louisa Lehnert b. January 1856, d. 15 June 1913
- Peter Hoffman was born in 1878 in Ohio.
- George H. Hoffman and Louisa Lehnert appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Sandusky, Erie County, Ohio, at 128 Adams Street. Other members of the household included Peter Hoffman, George Hoffman.
- The following appeared on 18 October 1900 in the Sandusky Daily Star: Mr. and Mrs. George Hoffman and family of six children leave Monday for Buffalo, where they will make their future home. their many friends will regret their departure and will wish them a pleasant journey. The Christian Endeavor society of Emanuel Evangelical church, of which Miss Clara Hoffman is a members, gave a farewell reception in her honor last evening. Rev. J. G. Ensslin, the pastor, delivered a short talk, and Miss Held made a few remarks, appropriate to the occasion, bidding farewell and God speed to Miss Hoffman. During the evening dainty refreshments were served and there were several musical selections rendered.
- A photographic portrait was made of George and Louisa Hoffman and family, about 1903.
- He married Johanna Friedericka (?) circa 1904.
- Peter Hoffman and Johanna Friedericka (?) appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York, at 318 Peach. Other members of the household included William G. Hoffman.
- He was employed in an office as a bookkeeper, according to the 1910 census.
- Peter Hoffman registered for the draft on 12 September 1918 in Erie County, New York, while living with his wife Hohanna Fredericka at 318 Pearl Street in Buffalo, and self-employed there as a florist at 301 Washington Market.
- Peter Hoffman and Johanna Friedericka (?) appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York, at 318 Pearl Street. Other members of the household included William G. Hoffman.
- He was proprietor of a florist store, according to the 1920 census.
- The following appeared on 7 April 1924 in The Evening News: [Died] In North Tonawanda, April 5, 1924, George Hoffman, Jr., husband of Jenny Snowden Hoffman, son of George Hoffman and the late Louise Hoffman, brother of Peter Christian and Mrs. William H. Kessel, Mrs. Arthur Oehler of Buffalo, N. Y., and Mrs. Howard Brewer of Lockport, N. Y. Deceased was a member of Typographical Union No. 9. Funeral services from the late residence 25 Ward Road, North Tonawanda, N. Y., Tuesday afternoon at 2 o'clock and from Kenmore Baptist church at 2 o'clock. Friends invited to attend. Sandusky, O., papers please copy.
- Peter Hoffman and Johanna Friedericka (?) appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York, at 92 High Gate. Other members of the household included William G. Hoffman.
- He was proprietor of a floral shop, according to the 1930 census.
- The following appeared on 25 July 1939 in the Buffalo Courier-Express: [Died] In this city, July 22, 1939, Louise Hoffman Oehler, beloved wife of Arthur O. Oehler; mother of Irving A., Marion L. and Jane U. Ohler; sister of Mrs. William Kessel, Mrs. Howard Brewer of Lockport, N. Y., Peter and Christ Hoffman. Funeral services from the family residence, 75 East Northrup Place, Tuesday afternoon at 3 o'clock. Friends invited to attend.
- Peter Hoffman died in 1944.
- Last Edited: 8 Jul 2011