b. 4 February 1876, d. 5 April 1924
- Father: George H. Hoffman b. circa October 1854, d. 19 November 1928
- Mother: Louisa Lehnert b. January 1856, d. 15 June 1913
- George Hoffman was born on 4 February 1876 in Sandusky, Erie County, Ohio.
- George H. Hoffman and Louisa Lehnert appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Sandusky, Erie County, Ohio, at 128 Adams Street. Other members of the household included George Hoffman, Peter Hoffman.
- The following appeared on 18 October 1900 in the Sandusky Daily Star: Mr. and Mrs. George Hoffman and family of six children leave Monday for Buffalo, where they will make their future home. their many friends will regret their departure and will wish them a pleasant journey. The Christian Endeavor society of Emanuel Evangelical church, of which Miss Clara Hoffman is a members, gave a farewell reception in her honor last evening. Rev. J. G. Ensslin, the pastor, delivered a short talk, and Miss Held made a few remarks, appropriate to the occasion, bidding farewell and God speed to Miss Hoffman. During the evening dainty refreshments were served and there were several musical selections rendered.
- A photographic portrait was made of George and Louisa Hoffman and family, about 1903.
- He married Jane Snowden circa 1906.
- George Hoffman and Jane Snowden appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York, at 28 Bremen Street.
- He was employed as a printer by an envelope company, according to the 1910 census.
- George Hoffman registered for the draft on 12 September 1918 in Erie County, New York, while living with his wife Jane at 31 Euclid Avenue in Kenmore, and employed as printing superintendent by Buffalo Envelope Company, 268 Michigan Avenue in Buffalo.
- George Hoffman and Jane Snowden appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Kenmore, Erie County, New York, at 31 Euclid Avenue. Other members of the household included Margaret M. Hoffman.
- He was employed as a printer by an envelope manufacturer, according to the 1920 census.
- George Hoffman died on 5 April 1924 at age 48 in North Tonawanda, Niagara County, New York.
- Jane Snowden became a widow at his death.
- The following appeared on 7 April 1924 in The Evening News: [Died] In North Tonawanda, April 5, 1924, George Hoffman, Jr., husband of Jenny Snowden Hoffman, son of George Hoffman and the late Louise Hoffman, brother of Peter Christian and Mrs. William H. Kessel, Mrs. Arthur Oehler of Buffalo, N. Y., and Mrs. Howard Brewer of Lockport, N. Y. Deceased was a member of Typographical Union No. 9. Funeral services from the late residence 25 Ward Road, North Tonawanda, N. Y., Tuesday afternoon at 2 o'clock and from Kenmore Baptist church at 2 o'clock. Friends invited to attend. Sandusky, O., papers please copy.
- Last Edited: 7 Sep 2013