Lorraine Ethel Schlicht
b. 1 July 1923, d. 29 November 2010
- Lorraine Ethel Schlicht was born on 1 July 1923 in Rugby, Pierce County, North Dakota.
- She married Roylance John Frank, son of John Casper Frank and Marie Olava Olsen, circa 1940.
- She married Herman Enger on 21 October 1947.
- Lorraine Ethel Schlicht became a widow at the 13 July 1990 death of her husband Herman Enger.
- Lorraine Ethel Schlicht died on 29 November 2010 at age 87 in Hatton, Traill County, North Dakota.
- She was interred at Little Forks Lutheran Cemetery, Enger Township, Steele County, North Dakota.
- The following appeared on 2 December 2010 in the Grand Forks Herald: Lorraine Enger, 87, of Hatton, ND died, Monday, November 29, 2010 at the Hatton Prairie Village in Hatton. Lorraine Ethel Schlicht was born July 1, 1923 at Rugby, ND the daughter of Edward and Florence (Gunderson) Schlicht.
She was raised in Devils Lake, ND where she attended school. In 1947 she moved to Hatton. On October 21, 1947 she was united in marriage to Herman Enger. They established their home on a farm in Enger Township, rural Hatton where she was active in Little Forks Lutheran Church. In the mid 1960's they moved to a farmstead just outside of Hatton. Lorraine ran the Norseman Café from 1967-1968 and later worked as a cook at the Tri-County Nursing Home for 17 years. Mr. Enger died on July 13, 1990. She continued to live on the farm until moving into Hatton in 1997. In September of 2009 she moved to the Hatton Prairie Village.
Lorraine loved her family, friends, going to church, reading her bible and most of all her Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. She was very active in the Zoar Free Lutheran Church, the Hatton Senior Community Club and delivered meals for the Traill County Senior Meals.
She will be dearly missed by her children: Roger (Jan) Frank of Mission Viejo, CA, Lorin D. Frank, Dallas (Sharon) Enger of Albany, OR, Susan Binnall and Scott (Elaine) Enger both of Hatton, ND and Roberta (Tige) Brown of Stevensville, MT; nineteen grandchildren; eighteen great grandchildren; sister, LaVerne Mitzel of Rugby, ND and brother, Glen (Angie) Schlicht of Fargo, ND.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband, Herman and sister, Lucille Neuschwander.
Funeral Services will be 2:00 pm, Saturday, December 4, 2010 in the Hatton Prairie Village Chapel in Hatton with burial in Little Forks Lutheran Cemetery of rural Hatton.
- Last Edited: 30 Nov 2016
- Charts: Descendants of DEXHEIMER Philipp Peter & Maria Agnesa Wagner / Anna Christina Baltz , Descendants of KÄMERER Laurentius & Catharina Schömbs