John Keener Boring
b. 1843, d. 1897
- Father: Jesse Boring b. circa 5 December 1807, d. 29 January 1890
- Mother: Harriet Eveline Howard b. 2 October 1816, d. January 1879
- John Keener Boring was born in 1843 in Alabama.
- The following appeared on 31 May 1850 in the Richmond Whig & Public Advertiser: Arrivals in San Francisco.--We notice among the arrivals at the St. Francis Hotel on the 15th ult. the names of Rev. Jesse Boring, Superintendent of the Methodist E. Mission, South; Rev. A. M. Wyman, Georgia; Rev. D. W. Pollock, Missouri; with their assistant colleagues, Mrs. Harriet E. Boring, Miss Julia M. Boring, Miss Ella C. Boring, Sarah J. Boring, Adelaide Boring, Master John H. Boring, Mrs. Maria C. Wyman, Georgia; Mrs. Rhodes, North Carolina.
- John Keener Boring appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas.
- Jesse Boring and Harriet Eveline Howard appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in San Antonio, Bexar County, Texas, but it should be noted that it is an educated guess that John K. Boring is a member of this household.. Other members of the household included John Keener Boring, Sarah J. Boring, Adelaide H. Boring, Isaac A. Boring and Jesse Boring.
- John K. Boring enrolled at age 18 for duty as a 3rd corporal on 22 March 1862 in San Antonio the 36th Texas Cavalry Regiment, Captain Joel K. Stevens' Company Texas Mounted Riflemen (subsequently became Company C). The 36th (also called the 32nd and Woods') was organized ! June 1862. His horse was valued at $70 and equipment at $20. It appears that he transferred to that company, having earlier served as a private with Company B, Morgan's Regiment Texas Cavalry (formed by consolidation of Morgan's and McKie's Squadrons Texax Cavalry, Denson's Squadron Louisiana and Texas Cavalry and three other companies).
- He married Margaret Emaline Rebecca Fennell, daughter of Isham Harrison Fennell and Margaret Bedford Fennell, on 19 March 1868 in Guadalupe County, Texas.
- John Keener Boring and Margaret Emaline Rebecca Fennell appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Seguin, Guadalupe County, Texas. Other members of the household included James Boring.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1870 census.
- John Keener Boring and Margaret Emaline Rebecca Fennell appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Guadalupe County, Texas. Other members of the household included Isham Jesse Boring, George Fennell Boring, Isaac Walter Boring, Margaret E. Boring and James Marion Boring.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1880 census.
- John Keener Boring died in 1897 in Guadalupe County, Texas.
- His wife Margaret Emaline Rebecca Fennell became a widow at his death.
- He was buried at Geronimo Cemetery in Seguin, Guadalupe County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 6 Aug 2015
Family: Margaret Emaline Rebecca Fennell b. 1845, d. 8 November 1900
- James Boring b. circa 1869
- Isham Jesse Boring b. 21 February 1873, d. 20 March 1920
- John Francis Boring b. 13 February 1875, d. 14 February 1949
- George Fennell Boring+ b. 24 May 1875, d. 14 July 1939
- Isaac Walter Boring+ b. 16 July 1877, d. 11 January 1961
- James Marion Boring+ b. 6 March 1880, d. 20 September 1938
- Margaret E. Boring b. 11 March 1880, d. 28 February 1959
- Clement Howard Boring+ b. 2 June 1883, d. 2 April 1961
- David Thomas Boring b. 19 October 1887, d. 11 August 1951