Joseph Cleveland Chamberlain
b. 3 April 1885, d. 11 October 1947
- Joseph Cleveland Chamberlain was born on 3 April 1885 in Fairfield, Madison County, Ohio.
- He married Margaret Florence Tope, daughter of Francis Marion Tope and Margaret E. Immelt.
- Joseph Cleveland Chamberlain registered for the draft on 12 September 1918 in Madison County, Ohio, while living with his wife Margaret in Mount Sterling, and employed there farming by his father John R. Chamberlain.
- Joseph Cleveland Chamberlain and Margaret Florence Tope appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Fairfield Township, Madison County, Ohio. Other members of the household included Donald Howard Chamberlain. Also in the household were daughter Marcia (age 14), and son Robert Paul (21) and his wife Annabel (16).
- He was a farmer, according to the 1940 census.
- Joseph Cleveland Chamberlain registered for the draft in 1942 in Madison County, Ohio, while living in rural Fairfield, and employed in Sidney by St. Mary's Canning Company. Contact: Earl Anderson, Mount Sterling.
- Joseph Cleveland Chamberlain died on 11 October 1947 at age 62 in Mount Sterling, Madison County, Ohio.
- His wife Margaret Florence Tope became a widow at his death.
- He was buried at Pleasant Cemetery in Mount Sterling, Madison County, Ohio.
- Last Edited: 19 Sep 2016