Ida Elizabeth Johnson
b. 16 October 1881, d. 19 August 1975
- Father: George W. Johnson b. 5 March 1852, d. 9 September 1915
- Mother: Rebecca L. Rikard b. circa July 1855, d. between 1910 and 1911
- Ida Elizabeth Johnson was born on 16 October 1881 in Colbert County, Alabama, near Cherokee.
- George W. Johnson Johnson homeplace, Cherokee, Alabama.
- She married Charles Cross Greenhill, son of Samuel Boatright Greenhill and Nancy Caroline Devaney, on 7 June 1898 in Colbert County, Alabama, and Charlie's brother Clarence married Ida's sister El Sina.
- Samuel Boatwright Greenhill homeplace, near Cherokee, Alabama.
- A photographic portrait was made of Charles Cross and Ida Greenhill, with young Samuel "Dixie."
- Samuel Boatright Greenhill and Nancy Caroline Devaney appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Colbert County, Alabama. Other members of the household included Ida Elizabeth Johnson, Susie Mae Greenhill, Charles Cross Greenhill and Samuel Dixie Greenhill.
- Charles Cross Greenhill and Ida Elizabeth Johnson appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Hill County, Texas, at Bynum & Brand Road. Other members of the household included Samuel Dixie Greenhill, Minnie Ellen Greenhill, Clyde Atkins Greenhill, Lillie Mae Greenhill and Hazel Estelle Greenhill.
- Ida Elizabeth Johnson became a widow at the 16 September 1929 death of her husband Charles Cross Greenhill.
- Ida Elizabeth Johnson appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Marion County, Texas. Other members of the household included Carl Evans Greenhill and Charles Truman Greenhill.
- She was a laundress, according to the 1930 census.
- Ida Elizabeth Johnson appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Marion County, Texas, at Advent Colony Road enumerated next to the household of her daughter Minnie Sibley.
- Ida Elizabeth Johnson died on 19 August 1975 at age 93 in Jefferson, Marion County, Texas, . Her death was officially witnessed by Charles Truman Greenhill.
- She was interred at Berea Cemetery, Jefferson, Marion County, Texas.
- The following appeared on 28 August 1975 in the Jefferson Jimplecute: Services for Mrs. Ida E. Greenhill were held Sunday, August 24, 1975, at 2 p.m. at the Berea Seventh Day Adventist Church, with Elder Frank Sherrill and Elder Thad Collins officiating. Mrs. Greenhill Died August 19 in a local hospital following a lengthy illness.
She was born October 16, 1881, near Cherokee, Alabama. She was married to Charlie C. Greenhill on March 8, 1898 [sic], who preceded her in death on September 16, 1929. To this union ten children were born, five of whom survive: two daughters, Mrs. J. S. Sibley of Berea; Mrs. Mae Wolcott of Sulphur Springs, Texas; three sons, Dixie of Keene, Texas; Carl of Madison, Tennessee; and Truman of Jefferson. Another son, Clyde, preceded her in death in 1963. One sister, Mrs. Maude Gattis, survives, along with 17 grandchildren; 27 great grand children; and 10 great, great grandchildren. Several nieces and nephews and a host of friends also survive.
Burial was in the Berea Cemetery under the direction of Haggard Funeral Home.
Pallbearers were Charles Greenhill, Larry Greenhill, Rickie Greenhill, Robert Greenhill, Edwin Greenhill, Bobby Wolcott, and Darrell Wolcott.
- Last Edited: 2 Jun 2015
Family: Charles Cross Greenhill b. 27 July 1880, d. 16 September 1929
- Samuel Dixie Greenhill b. 5 November 1898, d. 11 December 1976
- Minnie Ellen Greenhill b. 30 October 1901, d. 27 December 1955
- Archie Carmichael Greenhill b. 8 May 1906, d. 13 July 1912
- Clyde Atkins Greenhill b. 14 August 1909, d. 2 April 1963
- Lillie Mae Greenhill b. 3 November 1912, d. 10 March 2007
- Floyd Vernon Greenhill b. 11 June 1915, d. 16 September 1917
- Hazel Estelle Greenhill b. circa 23 September 1917, d. 26 March 1927
- Carl Evans Greenhill b. 6 March 1920, d. 7 March 2014
- Charles Truman Greenhill+ b. 30 October 1922, d. 4 November 2009
- Cecil Greenhill b. 10 July 1926, d. 10 July 1926