Jesse Waldo Garvin
b. 17 August 1879, d. 2 March 1955
- Father: Sam Houston Garvin b. October 1856
- Mother: Martha Elizabeth McIntyre b. 14 October 1859, d. 6 April 1931
- Jesse Waldo Garvin was born on 17 August 1879 in Texas.
- Sam Houston Garvin and Martha Elizabeth McIntyre appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Navasota, Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included Jesse Waldo Garvin, Douglas Garvin.
- The following appeared on 22 October 1907 in The Dallas Morning News: (Personals) The following out-of-town visitors registered at The New office yesterday: Miss Tennye Haynie, Anderson. Miss Imogen Haynie, Anderson. Albert Lindley, Mineral Wells. L. . . . Jesse W. Garin, Navasota.
Tennye and Imogene were 2nd cousins of Albert G. Lindley, and Jesse Waldo Garvin was Imogene's future husband.
- He married Imogene C. Haynie, daughter of William H. Haynie and Laura Ellen Hair, on 28 April 1908 in Anderson, Grimes County, Texas.
- Sam Houston Garvin and Martha Elizabeth McIntyre appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Navasota, Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included Jesse Waldo Garvin, Imogene C. Haynie.
- He was a machines agent, according to the 1910 census.
- The following appeared on 1 February 1912 in The Examiner-Review: (Courtney, June 29) . . . Mr. Jesse Garvin was looking after the Singer Sewing Machine interests in this part of the county last week.
- Jesse Waldo Garvin registered for the draft on 12 September 1915 in Grimes County, Texas, while living with his wife Imobene in Navasota, and engaged in farming there.
- Jesse Waldo Garvin and Imogene C. Haynie appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Navasota, Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included Laura Ellen Hair.
- He was a farmer, according to the 1920 census.
- Jesse's maternal grandmother Hannah Lindley McIntyre had two brothers (William Frank and Sam) who married first cousins (Mary and Cecilia Whiting) of Imogene's paternal grandfather Uriah Haynie.
- Jesse Waldo Garvin died on 2 March 1955 at age 75 in Temple, Bell County, Texas.
- His wife Imogene C. Haynie became a widow at his death.
- He was buried at Oakland Cemetery in Navasota, Grimes County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 20 Aug 2013