Timothy Gillette Cornish
b. 30 January 1820, d. 13 August 1889
- Timothy Gillette Cornish was born on 30 January 1820 in Simsbury, Hartford County, Connecticut.
- He married Louisa Jane Torbert, daughter of James Anthony Torbert and Ann R. Cunningham, circa 15 June 1848 in Old Spring Hill, Marengo County, Alabama.
- Timothy Gillette Cornish and Louisa Jane Torbert appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Demopolis Beat, Marengo County, Alabama. Other members of the household included Anna Edna Cornish, Sidney Levereth Cornish, Percy Gillette Cornish, Alexander Torbert Cornish and Edward Seymour Cornish. Also in the household were a male boarder and two domestic servants.
- He was a merchant, according to the 1870 census.
- Timothy Gillette Cornish and Louisa Jane Torbert appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Demopolis, Marengo County, Alabama, at Strawberry. Other members of the household included Percy Gillette Cornish.
- Timothy Gillette Cornish died on 13 August 1889 at age 69.
- He was buried at Riverside Cemetery in Demopolis, Marengo County, Alabama.
- Last Edited: 14 Jul 2014
Family: Louisa Jane Torbert b. 17 January 1829, d. 26 June 1896
- George Anthony Cornish b. 21 June 1849, d. 25 November 1909
- Anna Edna Cornish+ b. 21 June 1851, d. 16 December 1912
- Infant Daughter Cornish b. 5 August 1853, d. 10 August 1853
- Sidney Levereth Cornish b. 15 March 1855, d. 20 September 1901
- Percy Gillette Cornish b. 13 February 1857, d. 28 September 1932
- Lucy Evelyn Cornish b. 9 February 1859, d. 20 May 1860
- Alexander Torbert Cornish b. 26 July 1860, d. 1932
- Edward Seymour Cornish+ b. 12 December 1861, d. 26 October 1936