Lee Ola Ward
b. 24 August 1913, d. 5 August 1999
- Father: Will Jay Ward b. 25 July 1885, d. 7 November 1974
- Mother: Dink Etta Teague b. circa 2 November 1894, d. 4 November 1948
- Lee Ola Ward was born on 24 August 1913 in Texas.
- Will Jay Ward and Dink Etta Teague appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Navarro County, Texas, at Corsicana & Waco Road. Other members of the household included Lee Ola Ward. Dink is identified as Etta (age 26), and Lee Ola as "Ruth Ola," and missing from the household are children Mary Hazel (4) and John Oscar (2).
- Will Jay Ward and Dink Etta Teague appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Richards, Grimes County, Texas. Other members of the household included Lee Ola Ward, Mary Hazel Ward, John Oscar Ward and Maureen Alvarice Ward.
- Ward and Whitfield cousins were photographed about 1931 in Richards.
- She married Fletcher Calvert Cook, son of Henry Fletcher Cook and Vada Ann Dismang, on 16 November 1935.
- Fletcher Calvert Cook and Lee Ola Ward appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Montgomery County, Texas, at Highway 75 South. In 1935, Calvert and Lee Ola both were living in Richards.
- In 1993, Lee Ola Ward was living in Orange, Orange County, Texas, at 1730 Camelot Drive.
- Lee Ola Ward became a widow at the 17 April 1994 death of her husband Fletcher Calvert Cook.
- The following appeared on 19 April 1994 in The Orange Leader: Funeral for Fletcher C. Cook, 80, of Orange will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at Dorman Funeral Home in Orange. Graveside service will follow at 3:30 p.m. at Fairview Cemetery in Richards.
He died Sunday at Baptist Hospital-Orange.
A native of Scottsville, Ky., he lived in Orange 25 years and was a retired electrician for Local No. 479 in Beaumont.
Survivors include his wife, Lee Ola Cook of Orange; two sons, Benny Wayne Cook of Paso Robles, Calif., and John D. Cook of Orange; three daughters, Barbara Neil Purgill of Los Angeles, Calif., Judy Gail Flynn of Victoria and Debra Sue Cook of Austin; 10 grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
- The SSDI lists Ooltewah, Hamilton County, Tennessee, as the last residence of record of Lee Ola Ward.
- Lee Ola Ward died on 5 August 1999 at age 85 in Orange County, Texas.
- She was interred at Fairview Cemetery, Grimes County, Texas, near Richards.
- The following appeared on 6 August 1999 in The Orange Leader: The funeral for Lee Ola Ward Cook, 85, of Orange will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at the Dorman Funeral Home in Orange with the Rev. Harold Nazworth officiating. Graveside services will be held at 3:30 p.m. Saturday at the Fairview Cemetery in Richards near Navasota under the direction of Dorman Funeral Home in Orange.
Visitation will be from 6-9 p.m. today at the funeral home.
She died Thursday at Memorial Hermann Baptist Hospital in Orange.
A native of Richards, she was a homemaker.
She is preceded in death by her husband Fletcher C. Cook, her daughter Mary Cook Smith, and her sister, Hazel Wells.
Survivors include sons, Benny Wayne Cook and wife Norka of Paso Robles, Calif., and John D. Cook and wife Brenda of Sweet Water, Ala; daughters, Barbara Cook Cloutier and her husband Roger of Redon/[d/]o Beach, Calif., Judie Cook Flynn and husband Mike of Ooltewah, Tenn., and Debra Sue Cook of Austin; brother, John Ward of Sealy; sister Maureen Chatham of Baytown; 10 grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
- A single grave marker identifies the graves of Fletcher Calvert Cook and Lee Ola Ward.
- Last Edited: 12 May 2017
- Charts: Descendants of TEAGUE Joshua