Elizabeth A. Barnes
b. circa 1810, d. between 1834 and 1840
- Father: William Barnes b. 2 June 1778, d. circa 1815
- Mother: Nancy Abercrombie b. 3 June 1788, d. say 1825
- Elizabeth A. Barnes was born circa 1810 probably in Hancock County, Georgia.
- She married William Archibald Campbell, son of Archibald Campbell and Rebecca Kirk, say 1828, probably in Hancock County, Georgia.
- Elizabeth A. Barnes died between 1834 and 1840 based on her apparent absence from the household in the 1840 census. However, in a letter dated 17 May 1860 to attorney William Hobbs Jr. in Boston, Green Wood wrote on 17 May 1860: "My Wife is a Daughter of Wm Barnes I married at Mr Hall,s who married her Aunt and she made their house her home. She had a sister who died about twelve years ago and left two Sons who are now living in Texas." So possibly she died about 1848, or Green may have been confusing her death with her husband's in 1849.
- Her husband William Archibald Campbell became a widower at her death.
- Last Edited: 9 Oct 2012