b. January 1856, d. 15 June 1913
- Louisa Lehnert was born in January 1856 in Germany.
- Louisa Lehnert arrived circa 1873, according to the 1900 census.
- She married George H. Hoffman, son of Frederick Hoffman and Louisa Wagner, circa 1875.
- George H. Hoffman and Louisa Lehnert appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Sandusky, Erie County, Ohio, at 128 Adams Street. Other members of the household included George Hoffman and Peter Hoffman.
- George H. Hoffman and Louisa Lehnert appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Sandusky, Erie County, Ohio, at 412 Perry Street. Other members of the household included Clara Hoffman, Christian Hoffman, Louise Hoffman and Margaret M. Hoffman.
- The following appeared on 18 October 1900 in the Sandusky Daily Star: Mr. and Mrs. George Hoffman and family of six children leave Monday for Buffalo, where they will make their future home. their many friends will regret their departure and will wish them a pleasant journey. The Christian Endeavor society of Emanuel Evangelical church, of which Miss Clara Hoffman is a members, gave a farewell reception in her honor last evening. Rev. J. G. Ensslin, the pastor, delivered a short talk, and Miss Held made a few remarks, appropriate to the occasion, bidding farewell and God speed to Miss Hoffman. During the evening dainty refreshments were served and there were several musical selections rendered.
- A photographic portrait was made of George and Louisa Hoffman and family, about 1903.
- George H. Hoffman and Louisa Lehnert appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York, at 260 Cherry. Other members of the household included Louise Hoffman and Margaret M. Hoffman.
- George H. Hoffman became a widower at her death.
- Louisa Lehnert died on 15 June 1913 at age 57.
- She was interred at Forest Lawn Cemetery, Buffalo, Erie County, New York.
- The following appeared on 17 June 1913 in the Sandusky Register: Mrs. Louisa Hoffman, who was formerly Miss Louisa Lehner[t], a resident of Sandusky for seventeen years, died at hier home, 81 Box avenue, Buffalo, N. Y., Sunday night at midnight. She leaves four daughters and two sons. Burial will take place in Buffalo, Wednesday.
- A single grave marker identifies the graves of George H. Hoffman and Louisa Lehnert.
- Last Edited: 12 Oct 2013