Margaret M. Hoffman
b. 16 January 1890, d. 26 May 1970
- Father: George H. Hoffman b. circa October 1854, d. 19 November 1928
- Mother: Louisa Lehnert b. January 1856, d. 15 June 1913
- Margaret M. Hoffman was born on 16 January 1890 in Ohio.
- George H. Hoffman and Louisa Lehnert appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Sandusky, Erie County, Ohio, at 412 Perry Street. Other members of the household included Margaret M. Hoffman, Clara Hoffman, Christian Hoffman and Louise Hoffman.
- The following appeared on 18 October 1900 in the Sandusky Daily Star: Mr. and Mrs. George Hoffman and family of six children leave Monday for Buffalo, where they will make their future home. their many friends will regret their departure and will wish them a pleasant journey. The Christian Endeavor society of Emanuel Evangelical church, of which Miss Clara Hoffman is a members, gave a farewell reception in her honor last evening. Rev. J. G. Ensslin, the pastor, delivered a short talk, and Miss Held made a few remarks, appropriate to the occasion, bidding farewell and God speed to Miss Hoffman. During the evening dainty refreshments were served and there were several musical selections rendered.
- A photographic portrait was made of George and Louisa Hoffman and family, about 1903.
- George H. Hoffman and Louisa Lehnert appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Buffalo, Erie County, New York, at 260 Cherry. Other members of the household included Margaret M. Hoffman, Louise Hoffman.
- She was employed as a milliner, according to the 1910 census.
- George Hoffman and Jane Snowden appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Kenmore, Erie County, New York, at 31 Euclid Avenue. Other members of the household included Margaret M. Hoffman.
- She was employed as a milliner in a retail store, according to the 1920 census.
- She married Howard James Brewer, son of Alfred Duane Brewer and Mary Shad Davis, on 24 November 1921 in Kenmore, Erie County, New York.
- The following appeared on 7 April 1924 in The Evening News: [Died] In North Tonawanda, April 5, 1924, George Hoffman, Jr., husband of Jenny Snowden Hoffman, son of George Hoffman and the late Louise Hoffman, brother of Peter Christian and Mrs. William H. Kessel, Mrs. Arthur Oehler of Buffalo, N. Y., and Mrs. Howard Brewer of Lockport, N. Y. Deceased was a member of Typographical Union No. 9. Funeral services from the late residence 25 Ward Road, North Tonawanda, N. Y., Tuesday afternoon at 2 o'clock and from Kenmore Baptist church at 2 o'clock. Friends invited to attend. Sandusky, O., papers please copy.
- Margaret M. Hoffman and Howard James Brewer appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in Lockport, Niagara County, New York, at South Transit Road.
- The following appeared on 25 July 1939 in the Buffalo Courier-Express: [Died] In this city, July 22, 1939, Louise Hoffman Oehler, beloved wife of Arthur O. Oehler; mother of Irving A., Marion L. and Jane U. Ohler; sister of Mrs. William Kessel, Mrs. Howard Brewer of Lockport, N. Y., Peter and Christ Hoffman. Funeral services from the family residence, 75 East Northrup Place, Tuesday afternoon at 3 o'clock. Friends invited to attend.
- Howard James Brewer and Margaret M. Hoffman appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in Lockport, Niagara County, New York, at 567 Walnut Street.
- Margaret M. Hoffman became a widow at the 20 March 1959 death of her husband Howard James Brewer.
- The following appeared on 20 March 1959 in the Lockport Union-Sun & Journal: Howard J. Brewer of 567 Walnut Street passed away at Lockport Memorial Hospital Friday morning, March 20, 1959. He leaves his wife, Margaret (nee Hoffman), one son, Clinton D., of Lockport, one daughter, Mrs. Alvin W Bell of Rochester, Minn., three grandchildren, John H., David C., and Terry Ann Brewer, all of Lockport, two sisters, Mrs. Roy Wisterman of Lockport and Mrs. Webster Muck of Largo, Fla. Friends may call from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 o'clock at Prudden and Kandt Funeral Home, 242 Genesee Street where funeral services will be held Sunday afternoon at 2:30 o'clock. Interment in Cold Spring Cemetery.
- Margaret M. Hoffman died on 26 May 1970 at age 80 in Hickory Corners, Niagara County, New York, at Mount View Hospital.
- She was interred at Cold Springs Cemetery, Lockport, Niagara County, New York.
- The following appeared on 28 May 1970 in The Niagara Falls Gazette: (Lockport) Mrs. Margaret M. Brewer, 80, of 377 Hawley St., died Tuesday (May 26, 1970) at Mount View Hospital after a long illness.
A native of Sandusky, Ohio, she was born Jan. 16, 1890, the daughter of George and Louise Oehner [sic] Hoffman and lived here for the last 49 years.
She was a member of the Emmanuel Methodist Church.
She was the widow of Howard J. Brewer who died in 1959.
She is survived by a son, Clinton D. Brewer of Lockport; a daughter, Mrs. Alvin (Mary Louise) W. Bell of Rochester, Minn; five grandchildren, two great-grandchildren and several nieces and nephews.
Friends may call from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. at the Prudden and Kandt Funeral Home where services will be held at 2 p.m. Friday. The Rev. Clifford Frost will officiate.
- The following appeared on 28 May 1970 in the Lockport Union-Sun & Journal: Margaret M. Brewer of 377 Hawley Street, passed away at Mount View Hospital Tuesday, May 16, 1970. Wife of the late Howard J. Brewer, she leaves one son, Clinton D. Brewer, Lockport, and one daughter, Mrs. Alvin (Mary Louise) W. Bell, Rochester, Minn., five grandchildren and two great-grandchildren. Also survived by one brother, Christian Hoffman, Buffalo, and several nieces and nephews. Friends may call Thursday from 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 o'clock at Prudden and Kandt Funeral Home, 242 Greness Street, where funeral services will be held Friday afternoon at two o'clock. Interment in Cold Spring Cemetery.
- Last Edited: 12 Sep 2013