Eula Gertrude Smith
b. 31 July 1887, d. 4 March 1965
- Father: Hesekiah Smith b. 4 April 1848, d. 14 February 1918
- Mother: Gabriella McCune b. 22 January 1862, d. 14 September 1910
- Eula Gertrude Smith was born on 31 July 1887 in Montgomery County, Texas.
- Hesekiah Smith and Gabriella McCune appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Grimes County, Texas, enumerated next to Gabie's brother Tom McCune.. Other members of the household included Eula Gertrude Smith, Mary Florence Smith, Hubbard Lester Smith, Louise Smith and Roland Lemuel Smith.
- She married Edward Monroe Blair, son of William Blair and Nancy Sullivan, on 26 August 1906 in Grimes County, Texas.
- Edward Monroe Blair registered for the draft on 12 September 1918 in Austin County, Texas, while living with his wife Eula Gertrude in Bellville, and employed there as a minister by the Texas Conference.
- Edward Monroe Blair and Eula Gertrude Smith appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Caddo Parish, Louisiana.
- Edward Monroe Blair (and Eula Gertrude Smith) appeared in the 1921 Shreveport, Louisiana, City Directory.
- Eula Gertrude Smith became a widow at the 14 May 1928 death of her husband Edward Monroe Blair.
- Eula Gertrude Smith appeared in the 1936 San Angelo, Texas, City Directory at 110 West Avenue C listed as Eula M. Blair, widow of Edw. M..
- Eula Gertrude Smith appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1940 in San Angelo, Tom Green County, Texas, at 115 West Third.
- She was self-employed as a nurse in private practice, according to the 1940 census.
- Eula Gertrude Smith appeared in the 1942 San Angelo, Texas, City Directory at 115 West Third listed as Eula Blair, widow of E. M..
- At the time of her death, her usual residence was in San Angelo, Tom Green County, Texas, at 2770 Oxford.
- Eula Gertrude Smith died on 4 March 1965 at age 77 in Christoval, Tom Green County, Texas, at Golden Years Nursing Home.
- She was interred at Belvedere Cemetery, San Angelo, Tom Green County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 27 Dec 2016