John Tolbert Lindley
b. 12 June 1857, d. 19 October 1920
- Father: Elijah Lindley b. 20 March 1835, d. 28 July 1880
- Mother: Eliza Tolbert b. circa 1831, d. circa 1869
- John Tolbert Lindley was born on 12 June 1857 in Texas.
- Elijah Lindley and Eliza Tolbert appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1860 in Montgomery PO, Montgomery County, Texas, enumerated next to Elijah's sister Rachel Lindley Kelton, widow of Eliza's first husband's brother. And on the other side were Hiram and Mary Lindley Little, Elijah's elder sister, whose daughter was the wife of Eliza's brother William.. Other members of the household included John Tolbert Lindley, Mary C. Kelton, Robert Franklin Kelton Jr., E. Lindley and Caroline Lindley.
- Elijah Lindley appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in Midway PO, Madison County, Texas. Other members of the household included John Tolbert Lindley, Caroline Lindley and Emma Delilah Lindley. Also in the household was H. French, age 7.
- He was working on the farm, according to the 1870 census.
- He married Ida Booth, daughter of William M. Booth and Harriet Scurlock, on 9 November 1876.
- John Tolbert Lindley and Ida Booth appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Limestone County, Texas. Other members of the household included Elijah Lindley.
- John Tolbert Lindley died on 19 October 1920 at age 63 in Limestone County, Texas.
- His wife Ida Booth became a widow at his death.
- He was interred at New Hope Cemetery, Farrar, Limestone County, Texas.
- Last Edited: 3 Dec 2011