Cornelia Caroline Alston
b. 17 May 1829, d. 17 January 1852
- Father: William Williams Alston b. 27 March 1799, d. 1860
- Mother: Mary Haywood Burgess b. circa 1803, d. 21 September 1841
- Cornelia Caroline Alston was born on 17 May 1829 in Alabama.
- She married Josiah James Pegues, son of Christopher Butler Pegues and Eliza Hodges Evans, on 29 November 1848 in Clarke County, Alabama, license issued on the 25th in Marengo County.
- Josiah James Pegues and Cornelia Caroline Alston appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1850 in Selma Beat, Dallas County, Alabama, enumerated next to the household of Josiah's brother Christopher. Other members of the household included Henry H. Pegues.
- Her husband Josiah James Pegues became a widower at her death.
- Cornelia Caroline Alston died on 17 January 1852 at age 22 in Marengo County, Alabama.
- Last Edited: 18 Mar 2015