b. 3 June 1788, d. say 1825
- Father: Charles Abercrombie b. 4 March 1742, d. 23 August 1821
- Mother: Edwina Malinda Booth b. 6 October 1751, d. September 1804
- Nancy Abercrombie was born on 3 June 1788 in Greene (later Hancock) County, Georgia.
- Nancy Abercrombie completed an embroidered sampler on 26 May 1800, shortly before her twelfth birthday, today a keepsake treasured by her 4th great granddaughter.
- She married William Barnes, son of Lewis Barnes and Elizabeth Thomas, on 13 June 1805 in Hancock County, Georgia.
- The following appeared on 15 June 1805 in the Farmer's Gazette: Married on Thursday last, Captain William Barnes, to Miss Nancy Abercrombie, both of Hancock, Co.
- Nancy Abercrombie became a widow at the circa 1815 death of her husband William Barnes.
- Nancy Abercrombie died say 1825 possibly in Montgomery County, Alabama.
- Last Edited: 8 Feb 2010