b. circa 1836, d. 3 October 1876
- Franz Hofner was born circa 1836 in Bohemia.
- He was known as Frank in the United States.
- Franz Hofner arrived in the Port of New York on 3 January 1865, from Bremen aboard the SS New York , traveling in steerage class, occupation bricklayer.
- He married Mary (?) on 25 October 1866 in Cleveland, Cuyahoga County, Ohio.
- Franz Hofner became a widower at the 7 June 1868 death of his wife Mary (?)
- He married Anna Paulina Waldheger, daughter of (?) Waldheger and Unknown (?), on 16 August 1869 in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Franz Hofner and Anna Paulina Waldheger, appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1870 in East Cleveland PO, Cuyahoga County, Ohio. Other members of the household included Jerry Hofner. In the same household were Frank and Isabella Tichlia and their family.
- He was working in a marble shop, according to the 1870 census.
- Anna Paulina Waldheger became a widow at his death.
- Franz Hofner died on 3 October 1876 in Cleveland, Ohio.
- It is an educated guess that Mary was the wife of Franz and mother of Jerry/Harry, and that the birth, marriage and death dates recorded here are correct; requires additional evidence.
- Last Edited: 15 Mar 2011