Ruth Muriel Hughes
b. circa 1895, d. 26 December 1940
- Ruth Muriel Hughes was born circa 1895 in Scranton, Lackawanna, Pennsylvania.
- She married Charles E. Haeberle, son of Georg Häberle and Charlotte Walz.
- Charles E. Haeberle became a widower at her death.
- Ruth Muriel Hughes died on 26 December 1940 in Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York, at Memorial Hospital.
- She was interred at Oakwood Cemetery Mausoleum, Niagara Falls, Niagara County, New York.
- The following appeared on 27 December 1940 in the Niagara Falls Gazette:
Mrs. Ruth N. Haeberle, of 1911 Tenth street, wife of Charles E. Haeberle, secretary-treasurer of the Haberle Lumber company, died in Memorial hospital last night after a few day illness.
Born in Scranton, Pa., 45 years ago, Mrs. Haeberle had lived in this city for the last 30 years. Besides her husband, she is survived by two brothers, Hohn Hughes, of Detroit, and Ben Hughes of Scranton; a stepson, Carl Haeberle, of this city, and two step-daughters, Mrs. Winifred Cottringer, of this city, and Mrs. Harold Wright, of Pittsburgh.
Funeral services will be held at the family home at 2:30 p. m. Sunday, with the Rev. Dr. Sylvanus S. Davies, of St. Paul's Methodist church, officiating. Interment will be made in the mausoleum at Oakwood cemetery.
- Last Edited: 8 Jul 2012