Minnie C. Schwert
b. November 1890, d. 1956
- Father: Louis H. Schwert b. March 1866, d. 1907
- Mother: Augusta Doering b. February 1868, d. 4 May 1949
- Minnie C. Schwert was born in November 1890 in New York.
- Louis H. Schwert and Augusta Doering appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Brant, Erie County, New York. Other members of the household included Minnie C. Schwert, Julius Cleveland Schwert and Louisa Schwert.
- Augusta Doering appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Farnham, Erie County, New York, at Commercial Street. Other members of the household included Minnie C. Schwert, Julius Cleveland Schwert, Louisa Schwert, Hattie H. Schwert and Harmon Louis Schwert.
- The following appeared on 16 August 1911 in The Fredonia Censor: The Misses Clara and Laura Kruse of Chestnut street, spent a pleasant week visiting their cousin, Miss Minnie Schwert, of Farnham, N. Y. They returned home last week Monday accoompanied by Mr. Cleveland Schwert of Farnham and Mr. Pius Schwert of Angola in the latter's automobile. Both young men were guests of Mr. and Mrs. Frederick Kruse for a few days. All enjoyed several auto trips to various points of interest.
- The following appeared on 10 March 1944 in the Buffalo Courier-Express: J. Cleveland Schwert, 50, a deputy collector of internal revenue at the Buffalo office, died suddenly Wednesday at his Angola home. He was a cousin of the late Rep. Pius L. Schwert.
Mr. Schwert, son of the late Supervisor Louis H. Schwert, and Mrs. Augusta Schwert, was born in Farnham and until a few years ago had conducted the general store in Farnham owned by his father. Both Louis Schwert and his brother, Julius, father of Rep. Schwert, were elected to the Board of Supervisors the same year and both died while holding office.
J. Cleveland Schwert was appointed a deputy collector of Internal Revenue in March, 1941. He was one of the organizers of the National Bank of Angola and the Evans Land Co. He also was active in Democratic circles.
He is survived by his wife, Isabelle Eyeington Schwert; his mother; a son, Dean E. Schwert; a brother, Harmon, of Buffalo, and three sisters, Minnie Schwert and Mrs. Louise Allen of Buffalo, and Hattie Schwert of Boston, Mass.
Funeral services will be at the home, 73 Mill St., Angola, tomorrow at 2:30 p. m.
- Minnie C. Schwert died in 1956.
- She was interred at Holy Cross Lutheran Cemetery, Farnham, Erie County, New York.
- Last Edited: 23 May 2010