b. 17 March 1861, d. 24 December 1941
- Father: Georg Anton Karl b. 7 April 1827
- Mother: Sophia Dexheimer b. 20 October 1825, d. 22 January 1909
- Magdalena Karl was born on 17 March 1861.
- She was baptized/christened on 24 March 1861 in Freimersheim, Rheinhessen, in der katholischen Kirche.
- She was known as Lena.
- Magdalena Karl arrived in the Port of New York on 9 October 1885, from Antwerp aboard the SS Rhynland. [It is an educated guess that this is the right record; further research is required to confirm.]
- She married Johann Georg Nebel circa 1891.
- Johann Georg Nebel and Magdalena Karl appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Manhattan, New York, at 141 67th Street. Other members of the household included Minnie Nebel and Charles George Nebel.
- She was working as a janitress, according to the 1900 census.
- Magdalena Karl became a widow at the 30 April 1909 death of her husband Johann Georg Nebel.
- Lena, Charles and Minnie Nebel have yet to be found in the 1910 census.
- Walter Paul Hehner and Minnie Nebel appeared in the US federal census of 1 January 1920 in Manhattan, New York, at 141 West 67th Street. Other members of the household included Magdalena Karl, Doris Estelle Hehner and Catherina Karl. Also in the household is Charles Hahnen, age 26, employed as a chauffeur and identified as "brother." It is possible that he actually was Minnie's brother Charles Nebel. Katie Karl is the daughter of Lena Neble's brother Peter.
- Walter Paul Hehner and Minnie Nebel appeared in the US federal census of 1 April 1930 in New York City, New York, at 503 West 12th Street. Other members of the household included Magdalena Karl, Doris Estelle Hehner, Shirley Hehner and Walter Hehner.
- Magdalena Karl died on 24 December 1941 at age 80 in Queens County, New York.
- Last Edited: 29 Jan 2013