b. circa 1912
- Father: Peter Adam b. 7 December 1874, d. 4 June 1952
- Mother: Johanna Rietbrock b. 1 September 1892, d. 26 October 1955
- Leona Adams was born circa 1912 in Wisconsin.
- The following appeared in a local newspaper: Funera1 services were beld Saturday morning for Peter Adams, 77, who died at his home Wednesday afternoon. The services were held from the S. S. Peter and Paul Catholic church with interment in the church cemetery. /P/ The deceased was born in Germany December 7, 1874, and came to this country at the age of six, and settled in the town of Rhine with his parents, Jacob and Katherine Adams. /P/ November 9, 1910, he was married to Miss Johanna Rietbrock of the town of Herman. The couple spent their entire married life on the Adams homestead farm. /P/ Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Miss Leona, Sheboygan, and Mrs. Reinhold Dennerlein, Johnsonville; six sons, Arno, Town Russell, Gilbert, Hubert, Wilbur and Vernon, at home, and Earl with the U. S. army in Germany; five grandchildren; two sisters, Mrs. George Nauth of Kiel and Mrs. Adam Mueller of Sheboygan, and a brother, Jacob of Sheboygan.
- The following appeared on 27 October 1955 in the Sheboygan Press: Mrs. Johanna Adams, 63, of Route 1, Elkhart Lake, widow of the late Peter Adams, died early Wednesday evening at St. Nicholas Hospital. She had been a patient at the hospital for the past 10 days.
The former Johanna Reitbrock, she was born Sept. 1, 1892, in the town of Herman, a daughter of the late William and Elizabeth Bender Rietbrock. She attended district schools and, on Nov. 9, 1910, was married to Peter Adams of the town of Rhine.
Prior to Mr. Adam's death in June, 1952, the couple operated the Adams homestead farm in the town of Rhine, six miles southeast of Kiel. /P/ Survivors include two daughters, Miss Leona Adams and Mrs. Reinhold (Roma) Dennerlin, of Sheboygan; six sons, Gilbert, Hubert, Wilber and Ver of the town of Russell, and Sgt. Earl Adams, in the armed forces, and six grandchildren.
She is also survived by three sisters, Mrs. Alma Stauss, of the town of Herman, Mrs. Hilda Voecks, of Rockford, Ill., and Mrs. Erna Negley, of Columbus, Ohio, and two brothers, Arthur, of the town of Herman, and Louis, of Sheboygan. One brother and one sister also preceded her in death.
Funeral services will be held at 1:30 p.m. Saturday at the Meiselwitz Funeral Home, Kiel, with the Rev. F.X. Kheil, pastor of Ss. Peter and Paul Catholic Church, officiating. Burial will be in the parish cemetery. The body will lie in state at the funeral home after 2 p.m. Friday.
- Last Edited: 23 Mar 2010