Walter John Dexheimer
b. 20 March 1899
- Walter John Dexheimer was born on 20 March 1899 in Wisconsin.
- William Dexheimer and Theresa Weichel appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1900 in Sheboygan town, Sheboygan County, Wisconsin. Other members of the household included Walter John Dexheimer, Elsie Dexheimer, Alvin Dexheimer and Ernst Fred Dexheimer.
- William Dexheimer and Theresa Weichel appeared in the Wisconsin state census of 1 June 1905 in Sheboygan town, Wisconsin. Other members of the household included Walter John Dexheimer, Elsie Dexheimer, Alvin Dexheimer, Ernst Fred Dexheimer and Norman Dexheimer.
- William Dexheimer and Theresa Weichel appeared in the US federal census of 15 April 1910 in Sheboygan town, Wisconsin. Other members of the household included Walter John Dexheimer, Ernst Fred Dexheimer and Norman Dexheimer.
- Walter John Dexheimer registered for the draft on 12 September 1918 in Sheboygan County, Wisconsin, while living with his father in Sheboygan, and employed there by Ross? Spille?r Company.
- He married Helen Theresa Ogle, daughter of Oscar Ogle, on 19 August 1922 in Detroit, Wayne County, Michigan.
- The following appeared on 25 August 1922 in the Sheboygan Press-Telegraph: Mr. and Mrs. Oscar Ogle, Waldo, announce the marriage of their daughter, Miss Helen Theresa to Walter Dexheimer, of Detroit, Mich., which was solemnized at Detroit on Saturday, August 19. /P/ Mr. and Mrs. Dexheimer will be at home in Detroit at the Niagara apartments, 2154 Third avenue, after September first.
- The following appeared on 15 January 1971 in the Sheboygan Press: Mrs. Elsie Schmidt, 80, a resident of Sunny Ridge, died there early today after a brief illness. /P/ A former resident of 2608 South 8th St., she was born Sept. 11, 1890, in Sheboygan, daughter of William and Theresa Dexheimer. She attended local elementary schools. /P/ Mrs. Schmidt was married to Richard Sachse in June of 1909. He died in 1917. She was married to Paul Schmidt on Dec. 1918. He died in 1947. In 1966 she moved to Sunny Ridge. /P/ Survivors include a son, Richard Sachse, rural Howards Grove-Millersville; a daughter, Mrs. Carl (Clara) Dern Sr., Sheboygan; a stepdaughter, Mrs. Rudy (Irene) Gunderson, Ontario, Calif; four brothers, Walter and Norman, both Sheboygan, Ernst, Elkhart Lake, and Alvin, Lincoln Park, Mich; several grandchildren; four step-grandchildren, ans six step-great-grandchildren. /P/ She was preceded in death by a son and daughter. /P/ Funeral services will be at 2:30 p.m. Monday at the Ballhorn Funeral Chapels, withe the Rev. Vernon Jaberg, pastor of St. John United Church of Christ, officiating. Burial will be in Wildwood Cemetery. Friends may call after 4 p.m. Sunday.
- Last Edited: 24 Mar 2010