b. circa 1870
- Father: Jacob Adam b. 4 June 1841, d. 23 October 1921
- Mother: Katherine Becker b. 22 September 1839, d. 6 April 1912
- John Adam was interred at Hew Hol Cemetery ??
- He was born circa 1870 in Hessen.
- Jacob Adam and Katherine Becker arrived in the Port of New York on 20 September 1879, accompanied by John Adam, Elise Adam, Katherine Adam, Anna Adam, Jacob Adam and Peter Adam from Rotterdam aboard the SS W. A. Scholten, traveling in steerage.
- Jacob Adam and Katherine Becker appeared in the US federal census of 1 June 1880 in Rhine, Sheboygan County, Wisconsin. Other members of the household included John Adam, Elise Adam, Anna Adam, Jacob Adam and Peter Adam.
- The following appeared in a local newspaper: Jacob Adam, an old settler of the town of Rhine, was called to his reward early Monday morning, death being due to the infirmities of old age. Mr. Adam was a native of Hessen Darmstadt, Germany, where he was born June 4, 1841. He married in 1866 to Katherine Becker, and the family came to America in 1879, settling in the town of Rhine, where the deceased lived continuously until his death. His wife passed away nine years ago. He is survived by six children, three sons and three daughters, as follows: Peter on the old homestead, Jacob in the town of Schleswig and John in the town of New Holstein, Mrs. George Nauth of Kiel, Mrs. Lizzie Mueller of Sheboygan and Mrs. Anna Kohloff of Wauwatosa. Twenty five grandchildren and seven great grandchildren also survive him. The funeral was held Wednesday at 9 a.m., with services at St. Peter & Pauls church, Rev. M. Rumpel officiating. Interment took place in the church cemetery.
- Last Edited: 24 Mar 2010